John mayer preformed at my local church on sunday.

rchip

• Members

I smell BS.

Mayer is way too full of himself and arrogant to play a small church gig. Hell hes in Star and People all the time these days and as predicted Jessica looks like shes not very happy playing second fiddle to Oscar Mayers bogus guitar god status.

He's nothing but a media darling and plays it for all its worth. If you cant dazzle em with skill dazzle em with BS and fabrication and John is deffinately using the latter two too advance into Music history. What a joke.

• Members

I smell BS.

Mayer is way too full of himself and arrogant to play a small church gig. Hell hes in Star and People all the time these days and as predicted Jessica looks like shes not very happy playing second fiddle to Oscar Mayers bogus guitar god status.

He's nothing but a media darling and plays it for all its worth. If you cant dazzle em with skill dazzle em with BS and fabrication and John is deffinately using the latter two too advance into Music history. What a joke.

So how do feel about John Mayer?:confused:

• Members

Was it the Dave Matthews or SRV wannabee John Mayer?

+1000

How about the Dashboard Confessional John Mayer(your bodies a wonderland).

And yeah as suspected by my initial post I find John very un original and merely playing off others who are proven greats. SRV would kick him in the head if he was around today I believe. No jealousy involved I just dont like him personality wise and find him a very copy oriented artist who insists he's all original.:rolleyes:

• Members

The most ridiculous aspect is that Waiting On The World To Change could be made a hymn. I'd love to post the lyrics, as they are not exactly hymn material, but I won't out of fear of copywrong infringment. You can google them up yourselves.

• Members

I keep hearing the John Mayer can "bust out the blues" and so forth but everytime I see him on TV (which may be the problem) it's all pop, all the time.

Had a blues and roots festival here recently and he played, you guessed it, all pop, all the time.

Ok, that's not fair, during his solos he played slightly blues sounding lines.

Doesn't count!

- Ged

• Members

+1000

How about the Dashboard Confessional John Mayer(your bodies a wonderland).

And yeah as suspected by my initial post I find John very un original and merely playing off others who are proven greats. SRV would kick him in the head if he was around today I believe. No jealousy involved I just dont like him personality wise and find him a very copy oriented artist who insists he's all original.
:rolleyes:

You sure your not talkin' crazy now:confused:

• Members

His voice does nothing for me and I don't much care for the new guitar god label, but he seems to be a pretty damned good player. Not my cup of tea, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

• Members

isnt guitar center in the US? and this chap is in the uK? so thats a long way to go to buy a guitar with your aunty sint it, btw hope your les paul is all better now, maybe you could tie it to the wing of the plane and dry it out on the way to guitar center. Enjoy your thread. :thu:

• Members

I knew it was a lie when he said his pastor was putting "waiting on the world" to change in the hymn book. I think their is a lot of people that like that song but don't really understand the lyrics.

• Members

I knew it was a lie when he said his pastor was putting "waiting on the world" to change in the hymn book. I think their is a lot of people that like that song but don't really understand the lyrics.

Is Einstein a blood relation? or was he married into the family?

either way, you're doing him proud.

Archived