New Bill Lawrence and GFS pup day!

thrill74

• Members

Got home last night and on the table was a stack of goodies. Stew-Mac wiring harness, Bill Lawrence L610, and GFS Loudmouth for the neck. As late as it was I couldn't resist. Threw on some Arch Enemy and wired it all up, and replaced the EMG's in my LTD M-400 I recently stole. First thoughts, incredibly out of phase and serious straty treble. All sorts of hiss that I couldn't dial out and it just didn't improve no matter what setting. Double checked my wiring, all good, and just didn't know what was up. Accidentally hit my wah on sometime during the process :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cut that off and great Odin's raven! Awesome is all I can say. The L610 was just like I expected, serious thick P90 tone, with a nice tight crunch on the low end. Pushed it with great gain and it was still hum free. Nice. The REAL treat was the loudmouth in the neck! Now THAT is one fantastic pickup! It has the fluid like qualities of an EMG 89 at high gain. Roll back on it and it cleans up to a nice jangle. Full out....serious sustain. Just like that solo in November Rain but better. Very impressed! Hats off to Jay!

I need another Loudmouth so check the For Sale section to help me fund it!

• Members

The only GFS pups I've had the pleasure to play so far are the fat PAFs in my Xaviere XV-900 but damn I like these pups. The only problem is that GFS sells too many models! I go through the list thinking "I'd like to put those Retrotrons in another XV-900, I'd love some Mean 90s in something else, I want to put a set of the Pro Tubes into a Strat' type guitar..." Well I'm getting an XV-850 next week and I can't wait to plug it in and try out the Texas set.

• 3 months later...

Archived