Insane string deal!

nevermind

• Members

6 packs for $10 is a steal. 6 packs for $10 plus a free tuner is just insane. If you're hitting up Music 123 anyway go ahead and add the Washburn string pack with tuner to your order.

http://www.music123.com/Washburn-Washburn-tuner-and-string-pack-(Closeout)-i157396.music

The strings are Vinci made branded MOJO. Tuner is an el-cheapo, but no worse than a Korg you'd pay $15 alone for.

Edit: The strings are in individual sealed mylar sleeves in the pack, so even if you don't change often they should stay fresh.

• Members

Never heard of Vinci or never heard of Mojo? Vinci are great strings. They have been used by Washburn for as long as I can remember as OEM. Other than Fender 150's , Vinci strings last longer for me than any other string. I'd never heard of Mojo either, but one look in the pack and I knew they were Vinci by the Mylar pack. I checked their Websites, and sure enough, same company owns both brands.

• Members

Never heard of Vinci or never heard of Mojo? Vinci are great strings. They have been used by Washburn for as long as I can remember as OEM. Other than Fender 150's , Vinci strings last longer for me than any other string. I'd never heard of Mojo either, but one look in the pack and I knew they were Vinci by the Mylar pack. I checked their Websites, and sure enough, same company owns both brands.

I got a bunch of the Cleartone strings on clearance for $1.99 a pack. Plus the D.R. High Beams and Tite Fits were on clearance too for $1.99.

Next M123 order I make I think I will take your advice and try this washburn pack as well. :thu:

• Members

Are you sure it's a six-pack of strings. I looked and all I see is: "Washburn Washburn tuner and string pack" - nothing about being 6 packs of strings.

000_3157.jpg

uhhhhh yeah........i've got 36 packs of strings here as proof :D

• Members

Stings and tuner arrived today, well-packaged. Extra high E sting in every set, as advertised, and each package says "hermetically sealed". Means you have to tear 'em open. Not sure why that would be important. Tuner isn't fancy, but does the job just fine. Runs off a couple of AAA batteries (not included).

All in all, for $15 (including shipping) it's a heckuva deal. :thu:

• Members

Stings and tuner arrived today, well-packaged. Extra high E sting in every set, as advertised, and each package says "hermetically sealed". Means you have to tear 'em open. Not sure why that would be important. Tuner isn't fancy, but does the job just fine. Runs off a couple of AAA batteries (not included).

All in all, for $15 (including shipping) it's a heckuva deal.
:thu:

Open the packs in a set of strings and let them sit for a year. You'll figure out why sealed strings are good.

• Members

Dude, you rock Big Time!!! I'm gettin a little short and was just gonna put my order through for the ten pack at MF. Son seems to have lost my portable tuner as well, so Big Thanks! :cool:

Damn, they only carry nines.:cry: Still a great deal for somebody else though.

• Members

Dude, you rock Big Time!!! I'm gettin a little short and was just gonna put my order through for the ten pack at MF. Son seems to have lost my portable tuner as well, so Big Thanks!
:cool:

Damn, they only carry nines.
:cry:
Still a great deal for somebody else though.

10s sold out I guess.

• Members

Anyone notice the B is listed as .115?

I got the 9's for the Cheapo Strat and Custom Tele. Maybe even the CE24 if I played it enough. I'd have gotten 10's if any were left!!!! Grrrrrrr, Mr. Gators!!!

• Members

Anyone notice the B is listed as .115?

I got the 9's for the Cheapo Strat and Custom Tele. Maybe even the CE24 if I played it enough. I'd have gotten 10's if any were left!!!! Grrrrrrr, Mr. Gators!!!

So sorry, Mr. Tulk. Tell ya what - PM me your address, and I'll gladly mail you a set of 10's so you can try 'em. :thu:

No, I didn't notice the B listest as .115. That's a little odd.

• Members

You let your strings sit for a year? I go through 'em a little faster than that.
:)

Hi, I'm nevermind and I'm a stringoholic. I've been known to order them 36 packs at a time, and some days I use 6 packs in rapid order. If I get under 10 packs I get nervous and have to order a guitar to get free shipping on the strings.

LOL

But seriously, you may use them fast, but who knows how long they have been sitting in a warehouse or stock room before you get them.

• Members

But seriously, you may use them fast, but who knows how long they have been sitting in a warehouse or stock room before you get them.

Good point. Plus, if you say something is hermetically sealed it just SOUNDS better, doesn't it?

Thanks for the great buy tip, BTW!

Archived