Help Me Decide What CD To Buy Next

phaeton

• Members

Originally posted by Geoff Grace

Hey phaeton, here's my vote:

The Rolling Stones, "Exile On Main Street." In my humble opinion, it's one of the greatest rock albums of all time. :thu:

I've been thinking about getting Deep Purple's "Machine Head" on CD too. I've got it on LP, but I rarely play my LPs anymore

• Members

Originally posted by phaeton:

Geoff
, for what it's worth, in your "it's 1975 WTF are you?" thread you mentioned
Octopus
as your fave album at the time. I decided to dig that out and give it another listen.

phaeton, I believe you're thinking of someone else. I did mention that Gentle Giant (which, of course, is the band that recorded "Octopus") was my favorite band in 1975; and they still are.

For what it's worth, I don't know if I have a favorite album of all time, but "Free Hand" is my favorite Gentle Giant album. "Octopus" would probably make my top five Gentle Giant albums list though. Maybe it's time I gave it another listen. :)

By the way, what did you think of "Octopus?"

Originally posted by phaeton:

Is your Reunion going to be 'here' or somewhere else?
:D

My reunion will be in Phoenix. I haven't attended school in "Das Land von K

• Members

I second the Machine Head choice. It's the greatest Rock recording of all times, the one I would put in a starship to be sent in outer space to eventually represent rock music to the "others" in the universe.

I listen to very different stuff, my tastes are pretty broad and towards experimentation, but that recording always amazes me (I bought the LP when it came out, I was 11), it's a true masterpiece under every aspect.

Archived