Pickup Connector to Release w/o Soldering

Matter-Eater Lad

• Members

One of my favorite project guitars of all time. I still have this one and it still works great.

http://geocities.com/ashasha3/Index

I used quick disconnects that I bought from some electronics store over in Germany to do something similar. The disconnects work better IMHO than wire wraps and stuff because they are sturdy and don't wear out the conductor. Plus it keeps it tidier.

Some Molex connectors would probably work just as well.

• Members

Just two different pickguards and buy a two 2-position female and one 2-position male interlocking connector for Radio Shack.

Female (Model: 274-154 Catalog #: 274-154)
pRS1C-2265989w345.jpg

Male Model: (274-151 Catalog #: 274-151)
pRS1C-2265988w345.jpg

Attach the male connector to the two wires coming from the output jack; make sure to run the wires into the control cavity before adding the connector, it won't fit afterwards.

Add the female connects to the hot lug of the Volume pot and to a ground wire going to the back of the pot. Make sure the wires are attached correctly so that Hot connects to Hot and Ground connects to Ground when the male and female interlocking connectors are...well.... connected.

This way you can have two completely wired pickguards that can be switched out.

• Members
One of my favorite project guitars of all time. I still have this one and it still works great.

http://geocities.com/ashasha3/Index

I used quick disconnects that I bought from some electronics store over in Germany to do something similar. The disconnects work better IMHO than wire wraps and stuff because they are sturdy and don't wear out the conductor. Plus it keeps it tidier.

Some Molex connectors would probably work just as well.

Wow, cool project there. Like the new Fender VG kind of.

Thanks for all of the great ideas people.

:D

Archived