my first hc NGD

Leftovercrack

• Members

So I just walked out of guitar center with a highway 1 fat strat for $540. Ive been wanting one of these for awhile now and finally got a deal i couldn't pass up. I dont have a working camera in the house so i cant get any pics up yet but i hope to soon. She isn't much of a looker, with a matte black finish, but it sounds and plays like a strat should.

I do have a couple of questions though, is it really a made in USA guitar like the sales guy said? i always had the impression that they were just the best mexis you could get. Another thing is the HB in the bridge, i havent had a chance to tweak the height or anything but im not really loving it as much as the neck pick up right now, should i swap it out for a JB or something similar or is it just the lack of a mahogany body that makes it sound so different then my schecter c1? Thanks for any help

• Members

Made in USA all the way.

That's what I heard as well... and for that price, I suppose it was used? They're great guitars, man, I bet you will love it.

As for the HB, I have to say that I personally have very little love for the Fender HBs. I would look into a replacement.

Congrats!

score.jpg

• Members

All american except for the two singlecoils if its an older 05 model. These were the same vintage voiced pups from mexico used in the 70's and 60's model mexican strats. Congrats on the guitar. I got mine in '04 with the plastic still on it with a ding on the lower bought for 400, basically stole the thing :D

Archived