NGD: Hamer Studio!

Cloacal-X

• Members

Would be interested in hearing how you like the 3 in-line knobs. That always seemed strange to me. Probably what has kept me from seriously thinking about Hamer guitars. I once had them price a custom jobber with a triangular shape knob placement. They weren't that happy about it, which probably accounted for the $$$$$'s. Anyway, nice score! It's a beaut. And the knobs, altho' all in a row, look okay to me. :)

• Members

Gorgeous guitar!

Would be interested in hearing how you like the 3 in-line knobs. That always seemed strange to me.

I have those on my Hamer Explorer and I couldn't imagine having it any other way really. In playing position left to right: neck vol, bridge vol, master tone.

• Members

Gorgeous guitar!

I have those on my Hamer Explorer and I couldn't imagine having it any other way really. In playing position left to right: neck vol, bridge vol, master tone.

Guess it's all in what you get used to. For me, the straight lines don't flow with the curves of the guitar. Aesthetically, it's not as pleasing. Functionally? Guess it works. :thu:

• Members

I like the knob placement, and I *really* like the switch placement. The knobs are parallel to the primary axis of the guitar along with the neck and strings, and perpendicular to the bridge, so I'd say aesthetically it's just as valid as following the perimeter of the guitar.

Archived