Are nashville teles any good?

Faber

• Members

Been Eyeing those mexi Fender Nashville teles lately - the teles I've tried with such a PU lay out have all been modded for the middle one, and they have all sounded great.

I don't really know the build quality of the Mexi teles though. Are they gig worthy? Playing and staying in tune? Good PUs etc?

Let me hear from those of you who use or have used nashville teles. What's your impression of these?

• Members

I never actually played one, but I caught The Photo Atlas afew weeks ago (opening for The Cinematics and The Bravery - appropriately enough, in Nashville) and the lead singer/guitarist was playing a Nashville Tele. So, IMHO, it is definitely gig-worthy.

• Members

Yes, yes, yes. They are great and I love mine. Frets also has one he is quite fond of.

DSCN3893-1.jpg

Oh, that's nice :thu:

I think they are ONE of the Best Bang for Buck Values for a Telecaster on the Market.

Sure seems like it, doesn't it? I've played a couple and they seem like good guitars, and I like the necks. My concern is whether they keep up over time. I know we're not talking CS quality here, and that's not what I'm looking for - just a good sounding, true fretting guitar that stays in tune

This guitar will be around a long time. Built like the typical tele tank. You can fight your way out of a bar brawl with it, tune er back up and play your way home!!

NewNashville04.jpg

One of the sweetest necks you'll ever play! And I also put the neck pup up as one of the sweetest I've ever heard.

• Members

Great guitars.... I'd want to dump the six saddle for a "proper" Tele bridge, though!! :p I've never been able to properly play one myself (MIM Fender make only the Standard model Strat and Tele available left handed), but I do like what I've seen / heard of these. How are they wired, though? I'd miss the Trad Tele mid position if they're a Strat-style five-way, but there are obvious ways around that...

• Members

Let's suppose that one was to get GAS for a Tele (we're just talking purely in the theoretical sense).

What do you get sonically, that you can't get in a regular tele?

What do you lose?

In other words, what are the pro's and con's of the Nashville versus a "regular" tele?

Or to put it in another way, if you could only pick one Tele in that price range, would you get the regular Tele or the Nashville?

• Members

Let's suppose that one was to get GAS for a Tele (we're just talking purely in the theoretical sense).

What do you get sonically, that you can't get in a regular tele?

What do you lose?

In other words, what are the pro's and con's of the Nashville versus a "regular" tele?

Or to put it in another way, if you could only pick one Tele in that price range, would you get the regular Tele or the Nashville?

What you lose: nothing.

What you gain: a mid pickup and the versatility of a 5-way switch.

Some will argue that you lose tradition - a tele should be a 2-pickup beast sort of argument - or that the middle pickup feels weird on a tele when you strum - I actually agree with that statement, but that's me :)

Also, I personally did not like the fret size on my Nashville, which is the reason I sold it.

ONe last remark: I would spring for the "power' version, which includes piezo pickups in the bridge :)

Archived