Searching for a really trebly Humbucker!

Saturday

• Members

howdy all

i just bought a samick 335 copy, pretty old, excellent wood and in excellent shape.

as usual, the pickups are lacking, im actually waiting for a seymour duncan phat cat for the neck position, and im thinking about what i might put into the bridge.

basically, im a fender guy, i like treble-y sounding pickups, i love the bridge pickup on my tele, i love how a jaguar sounds, i want some high-end!

so, what pickups in humbucking casing may be for me?

i was thinking about the dimarzio eric johnson signature dp212, that have a treble rating of 8.5. they apparently sound a bit like a strat pickup. that`s fine with me. any other ideas?

thanks!

• Members

I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I have to recommend the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups. They are very high treble on my Epiphone Dot. I play through a Twin Reverb RI so that makes them very bright as well.

+1. The Seth Lover has plenty of high end. The only HB type pickups with more useable high end are "specialty" pickups - like the Humbucker From Hell - that are designed to try to sound like a single coil pickup. The Seth Lover also has a feel to it that cannot be duplicated in a potted pickup. Still my favorite in my 335.

Archived