Aerodyne Tele: Why didn't anyone tell me!!

AzunigaToo

• Members

Oh my God! I am by nature and tone a telecaster player through to the bone. I've been on search for P90 axe to scratch my itch for a bigger twang and more tele tone. Well low and behold at my local pawn shop practically bonking me on the head screamming at me was this Aerodyne tele with a Big FAT P90 (type) pickup in the neck!

Man on Man I bought it instantly. Does anyone know waht P90 this has?

Big awesome not to mention great looking, feeling and playing guitar.

I gotta get out more or is this a little known secret!

Fender AeroDyne Tele, find it, buy it, get your PHAT TELE TWANG THANG~!

With PICS!!!! see below!

• Members

Nice guits! It's hard to believe that such a big Tele fan wouldn't know about the Aerodyne.
:idk:
CONGRATS!
:thu:

Now all you need is a Nashville Tele to complete the collection...oh yeah and an Esquire...oh yeah and...ahh forget it.
:D

Yeah, I guess you are right. I had seen the Aerodyne before but it looked to 'fancy' to be a REAL Tele to me. I never notice it had a P90! Since my

P90 radar was up I took a double take and the rest you know...:love:

BTW, I live in Sierra Madre (near Pasadena) minutes from Hollywood. Never go in the Hollywood Guitar Center unless you like your heart being broken.

My list of "Needed" Teles are Nashville, real 50s Tele, Real 60's Tele, I have a real 72 Custom Deluxe Thinline w/ Bigsby (brown tele in picture). I also have 3 others that i didn't drag out for the pics. Mom always said, 'you can alway use another tele'...

• Members

I ended up with two. I got the first for the other guitarist in my band because he needed a hardtail guitar. We punched it up by swapping the pickups to a Dimarzio Tone Zone T and a DLX Plus. It sounded so sweet and fat that I bought another Aerodyne body and added a Warmoth neck and made myself one. I prefer mine because it has a 12" radius and stainless frets but they both sound great.

Mine:

Aero_Tele_full.jpg

His:

ScottAerodyne.jpg

• Members

That theres just a $10 knockoff for kids that mow lawns and deliver papers and one day hope ta get the real deal y'all:p

Soz Larry couldn't resist:D

No, I'm OK with it. Although, actually, with the P/U it was a $26 knock off. :)

Nice guitar, though since gone-I built this to compensate myself:

FullShot2.jpg

And I've got a 2 P-90 routed guitar all finished, but waiting on pickups. Can't decide if I want to try mini-hums or not...

Larry

• Members

I'm pretty sure it's a Black Dove - Fender's take on the P90. My Stratosonic has the same pickup.

Sfaik Fender stopped calling them Black Doves with those "-sonic" models, now they just call them P-90's. I believe they're just stock Fender pups, and maybe the same as Black Doves, but they've apparently abandoned the name.

My prob with the Aerodyne series is basswood bodies.

Congrats to the OP though.

• Members

You guys need to figure out that ANY tele is one $5 router template away from a P-90-

TeleP90.jpg
:D
Larry

Yeah, it's kinda hard to take a saw to any tele (not that I have purely vintage stuff or anything). My '52 RI is by far the best playing tele I have ever touched. I would not want to ruin that feel, weight, look, vibe, mojo etc, with a saw.

My '72 Thinline, with 2 Humbuckers will never get near a mod. ...

Maybe my '62 Custom RI, though it is near perfect too, although I may change my mind after hearing the Aorodyne with the P90 in it. In each case my teles have sentimental value. It's like trying to change one of your kids to be different. They are damn near perfect.

...Just have another baby~!...

Archived