so i bought that danelectro

ilovemystrat

• Members

Consider a Marshall Vintage Modern Amp 2266. It will cost you less than the 1974x. The 1974x is very cool and all, but it has very limited control or versatility. With something like the VM you will have your 60's and 70's Marshall sounds covered with more control. Sure it's not as sexy as a hand wired amp, but you will be glad to have the extra controls. I think if you audition them you'll know exactly what I mean.

By the way, welcome to the Dano club! :thu:

ASilvertoneGuitar1.jpg

• Members

honestly...if you are interested in the "page" sound out of a marshall

it's gonna be costly...but seeing as how you could afford a gibby'classic then this won't seem so bad

1959 super-plexi (reissue..ofcourse)
and put in some KT-88 tubes

• Members

hmmm I dont know. whats this amp going to be used for gigs, home use recording?

don't need an amp for gigs here in japan, everything is providedd when you go to guitar.

most of the time i've just brought my guitar (no cables, just picks and strings) and everything was provided for me.

mind you, i live in a teeny apartment

• Members

I dunno if you'll get the Marshall sound without it being LOUD! (Someone correct me please, just haven't seen Marshall doing small all tube stuff)

:idk:

So Page used the Dano for slide playing a lot? I love his slide sound, so... dirty almost.

- Ged

• Members

I've read the reviews of the head, and many people who have owned Marshalls said that it reminds them of a Marshall. But, the combo reviews are not saying the same thing. It seems to be a bit tricky to get it into the sweet spot. I guess it has it's drawbacks, but the head version especially seems to be very well liked by many. Some complain it isn't AC30ish enough. $719 for a blemished one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620X

AC30CC2
AC30CC2.jpg

I'm thinking based on the reviews of the head, maybe one of the drawbacks of this is the speakers. I guess it's pretty typical that speakers in combos can be a little bit weak.

Archived