I like these Squier '51's

Fred Fartboski

• Members

With all this talk here about them my curiosity is peaked. But I'm no tinkerer and would like to have one ready to enjoy and play right off the rack. So my point is, why doesn't Fender issue one with all the necessary hardware and electronic upgrades, etc., that are always discussed here, and just charge a couple hundred more for it? It would still be a fun, bargain guitar, no?

• Members

i just want to know where to find them...i had my hands on one about 2 years ago..it was pretty ok...liked that you could get a sweet perk like coiltapping on an axe under $300

they were everywhere about a year ago...now MF,GC,M123 doesn't even carry them N-E-MORE

i soooo want one in blonde

• Members

For $100, they're great right off the rack. A lot of people like the stock pickups, and even though most mod them, a lot of people play them stock too. Mine's still stock, and there's really not much that needs to be changed about it. The bridge buzzes a little because the set screws come loose, but that could be fixed with a little bit of low strength removable loctite. Some people say the nut should be replaced right away, but I haven't had any problems with mine. The tuners are great. The electronics configuration is nice and versatile as well.

• Members
For $100, they're great right off the rack. A lot of people like the stock pickups, and even though most mod them, a lot of people play them stock too. Mine's still stock, and there's really not much that
needs
to be changed about it. The bridge buzzes a little because the set screws come loose, but that could be fixed with a little bit of low strength removable loctite. Some people say the nut should be replaced right away, but I haven't had any problems with mine. The tuners are great. The electronics configuration is nice and versatile as well.

Hit up Sam Ash. Online...they have some. I just bought one the other day. I think all they have left is black, though. :thu:

• Members

i just want to know where to find them...i had my hands on one about 2 years ago..it was pretty ok...liked that you could get a sweet perk like coiltapping on an axe under $300

they were everywhere about a year ago...now MF,GC,M123 doesn't even carry them N-E-MORE

i soooo want one in blonde

Good luck getting a blond one for anything around $100. Those sold out a long time ago and the sellers on ebay are getting a premium.

You may have to call a few Sam Ash stores and see if they have them on the floor. They are sold out of them online. Try the one in Indianapolis if you're serious as they have black and sunburst still out on the floor for $100 each.

• Members

With all this talk here about them my curiosity is peaked. But I'm no tinkerer and would like to have one ready to enjoy and play right off the rack. So my point is, why doesn't Fender issue one with all the necessary hardware and electronic upgrades, etc., that are always discussed here, and just charge a couple hundred more for it? It would still be a fun, bargain guitar, no?

I don't think there ARE any necessary hardware and electronics upgrades, just possible, optional ones. Several people here have kept theirs stock, as well as my roommate from my first year at college (he put a Super Distortion in it, but he does that with all his guitars, he played in a really heavy metal band).

Archived