Chicago XXX coming out Mar 21!

Mr. Botch

• Members

Was on the Amazon website to buy Toto's new album (which appears to be unavailable at ALL my local CD outlets! :mad: ) I noticed their "buy this album with for a discount. It was Chicago XXX!! All new studio cuts, but that's about all Amazon had to say about it. Add Chicago to the list of artists who've released music for five decades.

I'm wondering, XXX? I don't remember the last Chicago album I bought but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 29...

• Members

I'll say one thing for Chicago...they are tenacious. In the face of myriad personnel changes, they take a licking and keep on ticking.

It would be easy for me to be a naysayer and say that they've been mostly ignorable since Terry Kath's untimely demise...but, that would be completely missing the point. They've put out some good music since as well. And, you have to say one thing...the horn section, when they play, they kick ass, and they look as though there is no place in the world they'd rather be. They enjoy playing. So, here's to thirty more albums, if that's what they want... :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by forceman

IMO: Chicago (CTA) ain't Chicago without Peter Cetera on bass and vocals.

Have you seen the band in the past decade or so? Peter's replacement, Jason Scheff (son of Elvis's bassist Jerry Scheff) is amazing, both as a vocalist and bassist. He's also one really great guy. (We are personal friends.)

• Members

Yeah, Jason does do a great job. I saw them up in Anchorage about 10 years ago...and of course on TV...like A&E's "Live By Request". They're a great band, no matter what incarnation they have. And I have to hand it to them, keeping it going through so many personnel changes.

Long live 'em. I only wish I had gotten to see them in concert when Kath was still alive. Not just his guitar playing...his incredibly soulful singing voice.

• Members

I've always liked them, the drummer Tris is a local here and has played with a lot of people I know.

I recently saw a DVD of them and besides Bill Champlin (who I find to be annoying) they were good. The guitar player was a bit to heavy on the whammy for that style of music, but the original member's and the rest still have it.

Archived