gibson faded double cuts

echodeluxe

• Members

I played one that just SANG at GC, went back a couple of days later and it was gone. I've since played 10 or so, and haven't found another that was worth buying. Some have bad fretwork, some have such poor finishing that the sides of the fretboard are half painted, some just don't sound good. Very, very hit or miss. The 'good one' I played was quite a guitar, but with all the ones I've played since I've actually lost most of my GAS for them.

Larry

• Members

i {censored}ing want one.

what do you guys think about them?

i played one in gc a long time ago and it coulda used a fret dressing and an adjustment but i thought it was sweet.

anything inherently bad with them? something better i should hold off for? sexy time?

Yeah, these are nice guitars. I played around with one at GC as well. I want one; for $770 its a rockin' guitar.

jwhite

• Members

They are nice players. You need to go through a few to find a really good one. The finishes are inconsistant from one guitar to another. Mine has a nice and even finish with only one light spot near the controls. The wood grain was very nice on this one as well. The cost of the thicker and more even finish was some over spray on two frets that came off with a light polish.245202926.jpg

Archived