MORMANESQUEOSITY:what is it and do I have it now and how do I get rid of it?

• Members

IF I was a mormon I would have Ten Wives...

or would I?

maybe I would..

But if I did marry me ten of them morman girls could I "take care" of all them horny farm girls and womenfolke.

you "know" what I mean.

Do not clank on 'de lank or clonk on any lonky lonks. ahem.

you can't "handle" the truth..

Mormanesquosity

Move the Jams.

thanks for lettink' me share

the end

:wave: me

:thu: not my thumb

• Members

Out of respect for the faiths of others that I do not hold to myself:

1. the correct spelling is Mormon. Two "o"s.

2. There was polygamy early on in the beginning of the official Mormon church, but there was a subsequent prophetic revelation to the church that led to the demise of polygamy.

3. There are some tiny factions of split-off "Fundamentalist Mormons" who, according to some reports, do still practice polygamy. Some tiny towns in Utah seem to be centers of this kind of activity. Their practices are in no way sanctioned by the actual Mormon church.

The Mormon church around here has a lot of good people, and in general, the Mormons I know are a cut above the general population in terms of decency, committment to family, etc.

Otherwise I'm in total disagreement with their theology, but I think credit should be given where due.

nat whilk ii

• Members

Nicely put. The few Mormons i've met are friendly people with good old fashioned values.

It's the teaching of Joseph Smith and his works of fiction that I have a problem with. On a par with Scientology in my view - meaning that any science fiction writer can start a religion if they have the time and inclination. Mr Smith appeared to be a particularly creative and colorful character who established quite an empire.

A quick study of the book of mormon reveals huge inconsistencies with the Bible of the conservative Christians. (Even though he plagiarised large chunks of it).

Baptisms for the dead and other strange practices that are contrary to conservative Christian teaching. That's why they have the most extensive family tree database on earth.

But at least they don't seem to be interested in killing each other, or other nations that don't see things the same way.

• Members

Wow, a civilized discussion about religion! I think that may be a sign of the end times .

I have the same basic feeling -- I'm not into the teachings, but the Mormons I've known have been extremely decent people. The best part is they've NEVER tried to proselytize, or convince me I was going to rot in hell if I didn't sign up to their way of thinking.

A quick Mormon story: A non-Mormon friend of mine was moving in Salt Lake City around the holidays. He mentioned offhandedly to a neighbor that he had this mammoth moving task ahead and had no idea how he was going to pull it off.

A few days later the neighbor showed up with a squad of people and they helped him do the move...never asked for anything in return, did their thing, then took off. Any kind of religion that inspires people to help others with no strings attached is okay by me.

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Wow, a civilized discussion about religion! I think that may be a sign of the end times

I have the same basic feeling -- I'm not into the teachings, but the Mormons I've known have been extremely decent people. The best part is they've NEVER tried to proselytize, or convince me I was going to rot in hell if I didn't sign up to their way of thinking.

A quick Mormon story: A non-Mormon friend of mine was moving in Salt Lake City around the holidays. He mentioned offhandedly to a neighbor that he had this mammoth moving task ahead and had no idea how he was going to pull it off.

A few days later the neighbor showed up with a squad of people and they helped him do the move...never asked for anything in return, did their thing, then took off. Any kind of religion that inspires people to help others
with no strings attached
is okay by me.

The women folk probably brought dinner over as well.

• Members

Originally posted by boosh

Now where's that CD???????
:wave:

Hi boosh and all!

Hi to my goode an. an close friend Greg anderson, you arre a great guy and Bast says hi! no really, it's really spooky.

the stories I could tell you OY!

Hi again to that foreigner booshikat and If i send it to the addy given I hope it don't come back to me like it already did once. Hugs to you know who and tell all I said yo!

You're lucky booshiekat, I have the collection even more finely tuned and sounding the best ever. I'll jet you a copy at once, Mr. Boes. Look for it.

I have a new set of rants and chants and groans oh my all ready for the cannink process.

I got three necks now for my 77 shergold masquie. the original, a MINT NOS neck and a nicely yellowed, vintage thirty-five year old almost mint, routed and bored, beauty of a neck. the shergold cat; MIOW(his name is MARK DAVIES from BARRY also gave me NEW volume pots and factory original switches and trim and various rare masquie artifacts.

He sent me all that very rare and special stuff and was very cool about it too. a great guy to be sure.

Thanks for lettink me share The End.

P.S. maybe I'm talking about a MOOR-MAN in that song? you know Like near a moor? A misty moor? or maybe I'm talking about a MER-MAN, you know like a fish dude?

If I was a mer-man I'd prob'ly smell like tuna...

the end for real

:wave:

• Members

ROFL.

I think what some of you are forgetting to mention is that his post was FUNNY!

While Mormons may not find it particularly funny since they are sort of the ones being poked at, I think we all need to lighten up a bit.:D

• Members

Originally posted by BLAblablah

The CD I'm waiting for is
"ArellSpeak As A Second Language"
;)
Barry

you just got to know what it is I'm chattin' aboot. see, canada folke says aboot. they mean to say; about, but it comes out aboot. so I honor all canada folke when i type aboot. and so on and so on, mi amigo si?

and it does help when chatting online to be really reloxed and hoppy mon'.. Don' choo know now. ahahaha!

Ohh I got a new ditty thats seventy-five seconds in length.

It's titled: Shergold Fanger Boogie. See, rednecks say Fanger when they want to say FINGER.

i'm a redneck so I say fanger and thang. As in: I put my fanger in her thang. you know, her um, cookie jar.. ahahaha!

I use my fangers only in this one. I' mean I had a guitar too of course. . and a compression pedal. an olde, dusty, IBANEZ Compressor/sustainer. cool effect.

thanks for lettink me share.

me:cool:

me after playing my shergold:D

me at the bank:p

Shergold Fanger Boogie

Archived