Danelectro Owners.. HELP!

FUBTAG

• Members

hey all.... I recently got the new '59 reissue... and it's alot of fun.

I am finding though that there are 2 issues...

Binding at the metal nut on the first 2 strings... does anyone lube this, and with what if you do?

The strings are also too high -- well at least the bridge is. I have tried to lower the bridge (the saddles are already on the base plate) but it doesn't seem to have any more. It does have the newer style bridge.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Yeah, I also bought a 56 Pro a good year and a half ago. I've still got to get around to yanking off the neck and tightening the truss rod. :(

Other than that, it was a cool buy for $299

You might want to just start with rubbing some pencil lead into the nut to see if that helps.

I recently bought a tube of "Nut Sauce" that should probably last me a life time. But it could be that the slot might need some finish filing. My nut slots are a bit high and need to be lowered. Yours probably has the same issue and it might be worthwhile dropping it off at a tech. They can usually adjust a nut pretty quick and cheap.

• Members

I think the binding is easily corrected -- a little 'opening' of the slot would be in order. For some reason.. and I don't know why.... I didn't think there was a truss rod on this guitar.

ok -- since it needs a backwards bend and the rod is in the neck (I am used to the way a strat is.. you can visualize it..), which way to turn it to add relief?

• Members

ok -- since it needs a backwards bend and the rod is in the neck (I am used to the way a strat is.. you can visualize it..), which way to turn it to add relief?

Hold up. Do you want to add relief, or straighten the neck? Two different things, and a high action suggests the latter.

• Members

Before you take off the neck, does the new bridge rest on wood screws like the previous bridges did? If so, just screw them down a bit.

no -- it has 3 through-bridge plate screws. like this (sorry for the out of focus-ness...) CIMG1368.jpg

• Members

Hold up. Do you want to add relief, or straighten the neck? Two different things, and a high action suggests the latter.

Without the picture that Fender uses in their owner's manual.. I sometimes get confused... The neck would be bowed forward -- so it needs to be bent back....

• Members

Without the picture that Fender uses in their owner's manual.. I sometimes get confused... The neck would be bowed forward -- so it needs to be bent back....

Turn it clockwise. But make sure it needs it first - Highway's suggestion sounds nice and simple to me. If that doesn't fix things for you, then you can look at the neck. Good luck. :thu:

• Members

Don't f- with that neck. There's probably no need. Are you seeing the screws, or are you saying "Screw Highway_61; he doesn't know what he's talking about"? In this rare instance, I do know.

haha -- not at all.... I see them -- and that was the first thing I tried this afternoon...and the 2 front screws seem to be all the way in.

• Members

Man, the oddest thing happened. Just as I posted the LOL, a guy in a paraglider flew by my balcony. By the time I got the camera...well, here's the photo:

FreeSnap001-1.jpg

ok.. THAT is strange..... kinda lucky for him that he didn't hit the power lines... I wonder what will happen next in your town?!?!?

• Members

Yes, that was what kept me frpm grabbing the camera right away: I was stunned, thought he was going to hit those lines.

So, how did your Dano dilemma turn out?

I am going to try and work on it 2night....I was just noodling on it while I was posting and reading.... And trying to control a 3 year old... which never makes for fun guitar work conditions!

Archived