Excellent thread about Gibson neck joints, relief holes and chambering!

Hoddy

• Members

Don't know about the neck joint, but the swiss cheese and chambering was adirect result of people complaining about the weight of the Les Paul.

Now I spent three hours using a Les Paul last night and got real sore - it's notthe weight of the guitar though, I have a standard strap - to be comfortable with where the guitar lays on your shoulder you need a wide strap.

I don't buy chambered guitars if I can help it (had one as a teenager and couldn't control the feedback) so I don't own a Gibson Les Paul.

• Members

Don't know about the neck joint, but the swiss cheese and chambering was adirect result of people complaining about the weight of the Les Paul.

Now I spent three hours using a Les Paul last night and got real sore - it's notthe weight of the guitar though, I have a standard strap - to be comfortable with where the guitar lays on your shoulder you need a wide strap.

I don't buy chambered guitars if I can help it (had one as a teenager and couldn't control the feedback) so I don't own a Gibson Les Paul.

I hear ya, But as it has been said befor......I think people were figuring that Gibson would start using lighter pcs of SOLID mahogany rather than start drilling and gutting heavy "cheaper" pcs.:lol: Kind of funny really...like getting them three wishes from an evil imp or something, you get what you want but in the end not how you wanted:lol:

Archived