When to buy a new guitar?

ASGTrace

• Members

Ok so Ive been playing roughly 5-6 years. HOWEVER, just recently I got back from a 2 year break. I dont know why I stopped so don't ask, lol. Anyways, I jsut found my love of guitar all over again. So far made some stupid decisions such as buying a half stack and 2 weeks after am now trying to sell it, lol.

My main guitar right now is a Jackson (forgot which model and too lazy to go look it up) but its the $500 one.

Ever since I started though I've absolutely loved Schecters. And then when I saw the new Hellraisers with the Floyd Rose it was like that heavenly *AhHhHHhh*

I sounds great, plays insane and looks sexy. Im getting an acoustic in a few months and although Im happy with my current electric would it be stupid of me to get another electric?

Also, other than the obvious trem/non-trem of the Floyd Rose and String through guitars are there any other differences? I really like the Floyd Rose because of the fact that the tuning stays and all. Are there any negatives?

• Members

Buy as many guitars as you possibly can!

Subscribe to the Same Day Music, Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply, and ZZ Sounds and Sweetwater catalogues.

Check Craigslist. Check Ebay. Visit Harmony Central Forums every day.

You'll be a guitar buying fool in no time!! :thu:

• Members

Ok so Ive been playing roughly 5-6 years. HOWEVER, just recently I got back from a 2 year break. I dont know why I stopped so don't ask, lol. Anyways, I jsut found my love of guitar all over again. So far made some stupid decisions such as buying a half stack and 2 weeks after am now trying to sell it, lol.

My main guitar right now is a Jackson (forgot which model and too lazy to go look it up) but its the $500 one.

Ever since I started though I've absolutely loved Schecters. And then when I saw the new Hellraisers with the Floyd Rose it was like that heavenly *AhHhHHhh*

I sounds great, plays insane and looks sexy. Im getting an acoustic in a few months and although Im happy with my current electric would it be stupid of me to get another electric?

Also, other than the obvious trem/non-trem of the Floyd Rose and String through guitars are there any other differences? I really like the Floyd Rose because of the fact that the tuning stays and all. Are there any negatives?

(imo) The only negative with full floating double locking trem systems is that if you break a string the whole system breaks down and stops working. Other than that they are great all around guitars if you want to do alot of trem work and stay in tune.

String through / hardtails are pretty cool. I guess the only negative might be that they don't have a trem?:confused: But thta's not what you buy them for anyway right:)

• Members

I say, it's stupid to buy any gear you don't REALLY need.

Needless to say, I'm pretty unique here.

Be advised, Harmony Central Forums and it's participants are in no way responsible for any sudden urges of GAS that you may experience after prolonged exposure to the forum.

Archived