Guitar Shops in Hong Kong

jvhc

• Members

This thread is perfect. I will be going to HK in a few weeks. I've been to Tom Lee before, and I definitely have to check out Parsons. I've been GASsing for a Tiny Terror lately, and I have a very large paycheck coming next week.
:eek:

The tiny terror is like $500 USD:thu:

• Members

You should check
as well. They mostly specialize in selling 2nd hand high-end guitars. The shop is located in Jordan if I remember correctly.

Btw, does anyone know any rack units/effects dealer in Hong Kong?

Yes guitarsofa rocks man. I gotta talk to that luthier guy that sometimes get advertised there. He's the only one I know of in HK atm.

• Members

..or a rotten coconut.

The only Tom Lee that's worth checking out is the TST one really. The one in Sha Tin sucks, the one at Klwn Bay sucks, the one at Causeway sucks. :o

Sigh, I was doing a little conversion. Fender's Hot Rod Vintage.. whatever the actual name is; is selling for about $2200 USD. :o Everything is so darn overpriced compared to America really (which is extra ridiculous considering there's no tax) :freak:. ..and/but cheap compare to the UK! :D:p

Did any of you guys check out the Ibanez Valbee at Tom Lee? Not too bad, it's a lot bigger than in the photos and I was actually quite impressed. It's only about $165 USD, and way more versatile than any other low-watt-tube amps around that price. :freak:

Too bad it was too big for me to lug away.. and that they're not sold in North America :o

To be fair though, let's say something negative and compare it to some boutique amps: cleans, boo.

• Members

Haha, you get used to the smell. Lived here a decade yo.

Anyway, Parsons and Tom Lee are the big shops here. We got some smaller cool shops too though. Heard of Nelsons Piano Co.? It's in Mong Kok (short walk from the KCR) and it's the only place to buy DiMarzios and EMGs in Hong Kong I believe. It's got plenty of cool stuff too like Warwick fretless 5s and Fernandes, etc. They're also the only Crate and Kustom dealer I think.

most of the guitars in nelson got problems

• Members

Hong Kong is a weird place in China, since it's pretty much up there with NY, London and Tokyo. (In terms of their stock market anyways)

And having being a British colony for 50? years, it's pretty different from China.

I mean, for one the government actually cares about fakes :eek:! (E.g. For tourists and stuff, they give out "Quality Assurance" licenses where shops can proudly display them.. as stickers like you would see on the outside next to the Visa, Mastercard, etc stickers.)

I think Hong Kong was one of the first places in the world that sent someone to jail for sharing music/movies/programs/?? over the internet. :eek:

Archived