Guitar Shops in Hong Kong

jvhc

• Members

Anyone know of any good guitar shops in Hong Kong? I've been to Tom Lee Music which is pretty good, but they don't stock Peaveys...

Thats where I went too when I was there (the Tsim Tsa Tsui (SP?) branch), some VERY cool custom shop stuff from Fender! Good rangeVery expensive shop though..

• Members

Thats where I went too when I was there (the Tsim Tsa Tsui (SP?) branch), some VERY cool custom shop stuff from Fender! Good rangeVery expensive shop though..

Yeah, I went to that branch today actually. Bought a Vox Wah for about

• Members

You can find Peavey in Parsons, they are the only dealer in HK

I've seen a brand new Wolfgang in trans purple going for $10000 HKD

I guess its a pretty good deal

BTW I live in HK

Awesome thanks alot! Do you know if all their branches do guitar equipment? It seems like some are mainly pianos...

I may try and go to the Whampoa branch today.

Thanks alot for this :)

• Members

There are a few different palces to hit. Of course, Tom Lee's is good...

TomLee.jpg

This little place is nearby and has some cool local instruments (although only 10-12 guitars):

Harmony.jpg

If you take the KCR to MonKok, you can hit Parson's on the 6 or 7th floor of the mall...

Parsons2.jpg

Ten minutes from the harbor area can get you to Eddy's Piano. It's somewhere near the big ship/restaurant/mall thing. I forget the area but could probably find it on a map if you were really interested:

EddyPianoCo.jpg

• Members

wow nice thanks.

lol at the little kid in the Parsons picture! Think i'm gonna go to Parsons today...

Was gonna go to ocean park, but not with typhoon signal three :(

Is there a best Parsons to go to? Or are they all pretty much the same?

THanks

• Members

There are a few different palces to hit. Of course, Tom Lee's is good...

TomLee.jpg

This little place is nearby and has some cool local instruments (although only 10-12 guitars):

Harmony.jpg

If you take the KCR to MonKok, you can hit Parson's on the 6 or 7th floor of the mall...

Parsons2.jpg

Ten minutes from the harbor area can get you to Eddy's Piano. It's somewhere near the big ship/restaurant/mall thing. I forget the area but could probably find it on a map if you were really interested:

EddyPianoCo.jpg

These pics make me miss Hong Kong. :cry:

• Members

Speaking of that mall in Mong Kok (New World Center?..)

There used to be a cool record/guitar shop there that sold Burny, Fernandes, Tokai, Greco and a bunch of other MIJ guitars. I think they closed down a couple years ago. :cry:

No problem. Here are some pics of HK. This is taken from my apt - you can see the HK Zoo in the foreground, and part of Central, including (from far left) part of the HSBC building, Bank of China, and Government House.

DSCN1870-1.jpg

The two are taken from 'The Peak' - one of HK harbor looking east:

DSCN1699.jpg

and one looking west:

DSCN1700.jpg

Despite the pollution etc, it is a pretty spectacular place.

:D

I miss the city too. :freak:

• Members

Wow, those are some great pics.

Whampoa is the place with Eddy's Piano. He has some really strange guitar brand there....something I'm not used to seeing around my sleepy USA town. I would have gotten a picture, but the guy practically ran me out while shouting at me in cantonese after I took that first pic.

Oh well. Have fun.

I saw no Burny's while I was there 6 months ago. I looked hard for shops, but I easily could have missed some. I was prepared to buy a burst HH Jaguar from Tom Lee, but he didn't have any in stock.

I'll be back in a couple weeks myself.

• Members

Heh, I was there last week actually!

The only thing I really recognized was the few Deans they had on the walls. I was being nagged to death, so I didn't even get to walk around. I can't believe they were charging $45 for a pack of strings when it was $36 next door at Parsons though. :freak: (Not a big difference, but still!)

• Members

wow nice thanks.

lol at the little kid in the Parsons picture! Think i'm gonna go to Parsons today...

Was gonna go to ocean park, but not with typhoon signal three
:(
Is there a best Parsons to go to? Or are they all pretty much the same?

THanks

Sucks to the weather:mad::mad:

• Members

The Pounds -> Dollar ratio was like 1:15 last time I checked. I think last year it was only 1:13, and the year before that 1:12.

Yeah, it's about 1:16 now :D

And eugh the pollution is HORRIBLE! It stinks so much some places.

• Members

Haha, you get used to the smell. Lived here a decade yo.

Anyway, Parsons and Tom Lee are the big shops here. We got some smaller cool shops too though. Heard of Nelsons Piano Co.? It's in Mong Kok (short walk from the KCR) and it's the only place to buy DiMarzios and EMGs in Hong Kong I believe. It's got plenty of cool stuff too like Warwick fretless 5s and Fernandes, etc. They're also the only Crate and Kustom dealer I think.

Archived