so I finally gave in...

freemusicno34

• Members

...and got some dunlop jazz III's. and the hype is right, these things are sick. up until now all I cared about was having a pick with a normal shape and at least 1mm. but after about 30 minutes of playing with these jazz III's there is a noticable difference in my accuracy and speed as well as an improved tone. I like these things a ton and highly recommend them. seriously try them out, I used to think a pick was just a pick, but these things are great. and I've also heard that they last forever, of course i've only had them for less than an hour so i've yet to see if that's true...

• Members

Started with regular fender medium picks. Switched to Jazz IIIs and had been using them for years. Then I tried out the Dunlop 1 MM nylon picks and have been using them since. Its been a good 3 years now. I play in a variety of bands so I need versatility so the Nylon picks work best for me. I found the Jazz IIIs too stiff for funk.

• Members

I change the position of the pick all the time while I am playing, but a lot of the time the end is barely protruding and I am using it in conjunction with other parts of my fingers and hand. I use plain old Fender mediums. I also rotate the pick and use the round corners for some stuff.

Archived