Paul Gilbert clip

thrill74

• Members

Talking about Paul Gilbert:

a bootleg DVD called "G3 Live In New York" is circulating in WWW.

5,4 Gb with decent quality (audience shot), featuring Paul Gilbert (with Bruce Bouillet), John Petrucci (with Mike Portnoy) and Joe Satriani.

I have it on my hard disc but unfortunately haven't had any time to watch it :rolleyes:

The bills of G3 shows have been awesome: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert:thu:

But other artists that have performed with G3: Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson:bor:

• Members

But other artists that have performed with G3: Eric Johnson:bor:

Bahahaha, the day that Eric Johnson becomes boring to watch is the day that Zakk Wylde forgets what a pentatonic scale is

Excellent technician, very silently the best guitarist on stage at times

• Members

Oh, wow, man! If I didn't already play guitar, this would be my reason to pick it up! Flat out awesome! :eek::thu:

Let's watch that a 3rd time...nice, man, nice! Note the simplicity of the groove. Wouldn't it be cool to hear Billy Gibbons' voice on this? - and his slide playing? Yeah, baby, yeah!...

• Members
Bahahaha, the day that Eric Johnson becomes boring to watch is the day that Zakk Wylde forgets what a pentatonic scale is

Excellent technician, very silently the best guitarist on stage at times

Yup, Eric Johnson let's his fingers do the talking. He doesn't need a flashy stage persona to humble every other guitarist in the room.

• Members

When I look at the "big 2" in my book..the guys that reinvented and changed the perception of the electric guitar...Hendrix, then EVH....since then there hasn't been another in my opinion..although, EJ actually might be...he just did it so silently and humbly that it's not as obvious...but when you look at his mastery of not only his instrument, but of different styles, different feels, and of the most minute details of tone, I think it's hard to argue otherwise...and I feel that's regardless of if you're a fan or not.

• Members

I tell you what...last year I saw Paul Gilbert, Mike Portnoy, Gary Sherone and Billy Sheehan do a 3 hour who tribute (Portnoy organized) in a small place in the Chicago suburbs and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen!!! Gilbert didn't shred at all and he chanelled Pete all the way...hell he even looked like him, LOL :thu:

• Members

Talking about Paul Gilbert:

a bootleg DVD called "G3 Live In New York" is circulating in WWW.

5,4 Gb with decent quality (audience shot), featuring Paul Gilbert (with Bruce Bouillet), John Petrucci (with Mike Portnoy) and Joe Satriani.

I have it on my hard disc but unfortunately haven't had any time to watch it
:rolleyes:

The bills of G3 shows have been awesome: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert:thu:

But other artists that have performed with G3: Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson:bor:

WHERE?!?!? I went to the Orlando show and was born again, baptized by the trinity of guitar gods, Satriani, Gilbert, and Petrucci!

I have been ACHING in my LOINS to see a recording of this past G3.

• Members

He just shredded the blues right out of the tune...and replaced it with...nothing.

Seriously, I much prefer Paul Gilbert's playing over most shredders but that was some of his worst as far as melody and innovation. It was like watching a championship fighter work out on the speed bag and then not going to the championship fight, you were exposed to his ability but saw none of what constitutes a great victory.

• Members

WHERE?!?!? I went to the Orlando show and was born again, baptized by the trinity of guitar gods, Satriani, Gilbert, and Petrucci!

That bootleg DVD is f**king awesome! I just watched some Satriani and it was great:thu:

I don't know whether it's "legal" to publish torrent information on this site but I'll give you a hint: go to www.demonoid.com and search with the name "Satriani";)

Good luck:thu:

And about Johnson: he's a great player and I've got his three albums. Some songs are great, some are boring. And that's just my opinion. 50% of his playing isn't just my cup of tea. For example, I've always liked Satriani since Surfing With The Alien came out. The only weak album he's made is (in my opinion) that self titled album.

I'd like to see Marty Friedman within the bill of G3. I've always like his playing since the days of Cacophony:)

• Members

I watched the whole thing on Google Vid on some other browser, it was great. Here's the local results http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=g3+new+york

• Members

Oh, wow, man! If I didn't already play guitar, this would be my reason to pick it up! Flat out awesome!
:eek::thu:

Let's watch that a 3rd time...nice, man, nice! Note the simplicity of the groove. Wouldn't it be cool to hear Billy Gibbons' voice on this? - and his slide playing? Yeah, baby, yeah!...

That night changed my life. Up until that time I had only heard of him from the Mr. Big hit. Then he did Scarified and now I have everything he's done. Except Burning Organ. His tone has softened dramatically over the years since his early Racer X days and it's just killer on Superheroes and Technical Difficulties!

• Members

I get his appeal. I thought that clip was very musical.

comment = totally retarded!

PG is playing blues riffs - standard crap only he's doing it at about 4000MPH hen he wants to or he just goes slowly. If you listen closely he also migrates to arpeggiated runs and is in total control.

• Members

Also put up the pics I got from that night. You can see how beat his old PGM300 is.

2196265720057338074stzEmy_th.jpg

Nice pics. Thanks! :thu: BTW, are you Jerry or Will? I like that PG is such a regular 'Merican dude! Does he always/often wear those headphones on stage?

Archived