Goodbye Ebay- And Thanks...

Guitarfetish

• Members

I don't know why it took me so long to check out your website. I've been hearing fantastic things on this board about your pickups for a while now.

It dissappoints me to hear that Ebay is no longer a nurturing environment for small businesses. That was one of my favorite things about it, that someone who was selling something specific and high-quality didn't have to be in a big city or even close to where their market is in order to sell their product.

If I make special bass strings that are geared specifically for Jazz upright bass players in my basement, who the hell am I gonna sell them to in Wisconsin? But with an Ebay store I can find my market right away. It seemed to be a way to combat the WalMart superstore market place, and get real help from someone who knows their product intimately.

I am really sorry to hear that Ebay isn't interested in cultivating this aspect of their website. Best of luck to you in the future.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It dissappoints me to hear that Ebay is no longer a nurturing environment for small businesses.

It's been a nurturing environment for making money for institutional stock investors for several years now. That's why you have brain farts like eBay China, eBay Express, and Skype eating up profits while the core business languishes.

• Members
Looks like this was just a big lie by Rondo...there's still page after page of lefty rondo guitars on ebay that were listed as of September 6.
:rolleyes:

What does that have to do with Ebay or Guitarfetish?:confused:
Kurt probably has an overstock of lefties, they don't sell as fast. Don't even
try to make this a Rondo bashing thread.:mad:

• Members

You guys have awesome prices, good service, and a solid site, but you guys have a LOT of stuff that's continually out of stock. Many of them are things that I really want to purchase!

Yeah exactly- Trying to keep a real-time inventory with both ebay and our web store is tough.

But the out of stock thing is really YOUR fault.

We'll go along selling a couple of dozen sets a week of a particular pickup- then someone on a forum goes ahead and posts clips and pictures and we get orders for HUNDREDS in a day or so- Incentory wiped out- next shipment due in 60 days- OUCH!

We're just not big enough to inventory thousands of each item...yet. And since we have a fairly broad product range- even a few hundred of each piece is a big warehouse full of stuff- So we're trying to increase our on-hand inventory to avoid sell outs.

Jay

• Members
Yeah exactly- Trying to keep a real-time inventory with both ebay and our web store is tough.

But the out of stock thing is really YOUR fault.

We'll go along selling a couple of dozen sets a week of a particular pickup- then someone on a forum goes ahead and posts clips and pictures and we get orders for HUNDREDS in a day or so- Incentory wiped out- next shipment due in 60 days- OUCH!

We're just not big enough to inventory thousands of each item...yet. And since we have a fairly broad product range- even a few hundred of each piece is a big warehouse full of stuff- So we're trying to increase our on-hand inventory to avoid sell outs.

Jay

Thats a wonderful problem to have. Its really your fault. If your products werent so damned decent and reasonably priced, we wouldnt buy them. ;)

Archived