Is LP VM the new Squier 51?

GretschGuy

• Members

Sounds and feels amazing so you are 2/3 of the way there, looks are fine, sure it's not a Sunburst or Black Beauty, but I sure wouldn't take a $2K guitar to some of the places I have gigged at. I'd take this all day long and it's not that I don't respect it, as I do, but most of my guitars are between $500 and $1000.

Everybody that complains that Epi's are sub-par to Gibson's, well here is your chance to get a bad ass sounding Gibson for the cost of a top of the line (non Elitist) Epi. I still love my Epi LP Custom though, it is one sweet guitar.

you didn't see what i was quoting... I was bashing that guys AGILE that he posts about three times a day... i was saying i'd rather pay the $550 more to snag one of these gibson lp's... i've played one before and they're the real deal and look amazing. i love the flat mahogany finish... kind of reminds me of the old Gibson The Pauls or the firebrand series. but a little darker.

• Members
I find it funny - and annoying - that the original poster made a thread bitching about a guitar he admits he's never seen, and didn't know even what it was.
:freak:

*adds to 'ignore' list*

You're over-sensitive, He didn't bitch. He asked a question.
what's wrong about being the next 51 anyway? You don't like the 51? Do you want to start bitching about the 51 then? :rolleyes:

:idk:

• Members
You're over-sensitive, He didn't bitch. He asked a question.

what's wrong about being the next 51 anyway? You don't like the 51? Do you want to start bitching about the 51 then?
:rolleyes:

:idk:

I don't know how a guitar that's 400-600 dollars can be compared to a 51, which you could find at some places for 60 bucks. Inflation hasn't been that bad.

• Members

i was thinking the same thing when i read this... that guitar looks like a bug... i'd rather pay the $550 more and get the gibson that looks, sounds, and feels amazing.

that wasn't what i was talking about. there was a weird triple post. i am a huge VM supporter. it looks sounds and feels amazing already. specially feels, no painted neck is 100 times better

• Members

that wasn't what i was talking about. there was a weird triple post. i am a huge VM supporter. it looks sounds and feels amazing already. specially feels, no painted neck is 100 times better

oh well, i still think that guys agile is ugly haha. unfinished necks are amazing. i agree, if i ever stumble across a used VM, i'll definately pick one up. they're worth the price as it is, but i'm too broke nowadays to pay what they're asking.

i'll also keep my eyes open for a Gibson The Paul.

Archived