SX skunk stripe

angus_old

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by awfulcase

I just got my SST57 in powder blue and the stripe is definately painted on, and badly so, but not bad enough to bother me, since I'm probably gonna refinish the neck anyway.

That's strange...I have the same guitar and mine is real...

• Members

I had a sx tele given to me.

Nasty neck, I relaced it. It had glue spots, loose frets. The stripe was smeared on the top.

If anybody in the Central Illinois area wants the neck they can have it along with another neck.

Not going to ship it anywhere.

• Members

Originally posted by Caliban

Nasty neck, I relaced it. It had glue spots, loose frets. The stripe was smeared on the top.

If anybody in the Central Illinois area wants the neck they can have it along with another neck.

Not going to ship it anywhere.

Nice dogs. whats that semi-hollow behind them.

Where in central illinois and what is the other neck?

• Members

oh yeah, and why does mine say made in china if SX is from spain?

They use a third party to manufacture the guitars themselves while the company's headquarters are somewhere else.

Lots of companies do that. Cort, Schecter, and crew.

• Members

Originally posted by Caliban

Just out of curiousity, what neck did you use to replace it? The neck pocket on mine is wider than standard strat.

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

Based on the comments here, I simply cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone on this forum is so SX crazy. They sound like complete crap.

no painted stripe on any that I've owned

why would you even have an opinion, since you obviously don't have any experience?

• Members

Originally posted by bmxdave

Nice dogs. whats that semi-hollow behind them.

Where in central illinois and what is the other neck?

The semi hollow is a washburn.

Champaign area, I have 2 SX necks and a saga cut as a tele neck.

I am not go to use them, but hate to throw them out.

Thanks about the dogs.

• Members

Originally posted by awfulcase

Just out of curiousity, what neck did you use to replace it? The neck pocket on mine is wider than standard strat.

Mighty Mite.

It fits ok. Somebody else here has done the same replacement.

Here is a so so pic.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

no painted stripe on any that I've owned

why would you even have an opinion, since you obviously don't have any experience?

No, I've never owned an SX guitar, but that doesn't preclude me from having an opinion of them based on what others have said. From the comments in this thread alone, they sound like complete crap.

• Members

No, I've never owned an SX guitar, but that doesn't preclude me from having an opinion of them based on what others have said. From the comments in this thread alone, they sound like complete crap.

I own 3 SX guitars currently - all 3 have excellent necks, really I'd consider the neck to be their outstanding feature (other than the low price)

I'm sure you don't care

• Members

Based on the comments here, I simply cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone on this forum is so SX crazy. They sound like complete crap.

I think that the positive reviews regarding SX guitars greatly out-weigh the negative comments.

I have one sitting in my living room wating for me to get home and unpack it. I will leave my comments about SX later tonight. I have never seen one, I am curious as all hell to go check it out...

• Members

The bad neck was on the SX given to me. It was given to me new in the box for payment on some computer work.

I guess I probably could have pushed Kurt for a replacment, but instead I bought a second neck.

The second neck was in much better shape than the first. I just didn't like the heavy laquer and shape of the neck.

• Members

Originally posted by RothnRoll

The neck on mine is nasty..

Several frets are different heights...

I think a good hammer will fix it... or destroy it

yeah, i had to do that. just use a piece of wood between the frets and the hammer and you're all set. funny thing though, i was using a small piece of wood, just about the size of a humbucker and when i hammered one fret down, another fret would pop up slightly... talk about aggravating. finally got everything setup just fine, but it took a while.

Archived