Worst rendition of "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" ever?

Sfalj

• Members

Here is another good version....

Phil Keaggy w/Glass Harp, Jason Truby (POD) playing the SG, and Kenny Greenberg (Nashville studio player...) playing the Strat. The rhythm player on acoustic is Phil's son Ian. I actually saw this one in person - but I didn't shoot the video.

• Members

The kids - I'm not even going to look. That is one of my all time favorite songs, I couldn't bear to see someone destroy it.
The one with Tom Petty - excellent.
The ukelele one, I almost closed as soon as I seen what it was, but watched it - that was pretty amazing.
Phil Keaggy - that was quite impressive too.
"I always feel like lookin at a ghost when I see george jr" - that's an understatement.
And Prince? He's really a guitar player? I never knew. I never had any interest in Prince, turned me off when he first "burst" onto the scene, so I never paid attention to him at all.

• Members

Did you guys listen to the version that about 7 or 8 Guitar Jam posters put up for the Beatles Coverfest last month? Dexter Frank Jr did all the backing instrumentation, I sang, Dexter Frank Jr sang, and neverthemachine (I think) sang. Then there are 4 or 5 different people wanking at the end. I think it turned out pretty nice.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Mega Guitar Jam Wankfest

• Members

And Prince? He's really a guitar player? I never knew. I never had any interest in Prince, turned me off when he first "burst" onto the scene, so I never paid attention to him at all.

You're kidding! Prince is not only a hell of a guitar player, but he's one hell of an all-around musician.

• Members

The kid's got raw technical skills, that's for sure. His taste-level is in the toilet...but at his age, I'm impressed. The rest of the band, however, is pretty woeful. Typical young drummer trying to stick a fill on every other beat...drives me crazy. Hopefully the guitar player will realize that speed is not necessarily a good thing in every solo as he matures.

Oh yeah, and long live Prince! :thu:

Archived