My Agile AL2500 fell over backwards onto concrete...

Gravity

• Members

the stand was some nondescript collapsible job that is probably 10 years old

Ahh, now the truth comes out. I used to skimp on stands until my strat took a big spill about 7 years ago. It was up on a stand on top of a cabinet that is about 18" off the ground. So my kid is moving around in his walker (2yo at the time) and knocks it over. So I had to deflect it as it was heading straight for him and it landed on tile floor from about 4 feet up.

One ding, that's it. It did crack the finish around the skunk stripe, but I ended up sanding the back of the neck down anyway.

Thank god it wasn't an LP because it would have frickin snapped.

• Members

Ahh, now the truth comes out. I used to skimp on stands until my strat took a big spill about 7 years ago. It was up on a stand on top of a cabinet that is about 18" off the ground. So my kid is moving around in his walker (2yo at the time) and knocks it over. So I had to deflect it as it was heading straight for him and it landed on tile floor from about 4 feet up.

One ding, that's it. It did crack the finish around the skunk stripe, but I ended up sanding the back of the neck down anyway.

Thank god it wasn't an LP because it would have frickin snapped.

The way my leg pulled on the cable though, the only way the guitar wouldn't have fallen is if it were attached to the stand, and the stand attached to the floor.

Archived