Fender Frontman 15G

prauny

• Members

I just got one of these for bedroom practice. Its got a really nice sound!!!

Compared to the Marshall MG 10CD i was using before its a whole couple of steps above. The overdrive is soooooo much better too. Perfect for that 'touch of overdrive' bluesy sound. Im really pleased with it.

Anyone else using one?

I just got one of these for bedroom practice. Its got a really nice sound!!!

Compared to the Marshall MG 10CD i was using before its a whole couple of steps above. The overdrive is soooooo much better too. Perfect for that 'touch of overdrive' bluesy sound. Im really pleased with it.

Anyone else using one?

I rnjoyed playing one in Guitar Center. I thought it had an excellent Fender-y tone. But I came here and was told it was teh POS... and me, of all people, caved... :( But honestly, I definitely enjoyed both the cleans and the OD!

Congrats!!:thu:

• Members

Ive no issues with mine yet. Im enjoying it with my Les Paul type guitars, and the clean tone on it is miles better than my previous marshall. Ive not had problems with the volume 'yet', if anything i was impressed with it as my marshall used to jump up from nothing to 2/3 instead of steadily turning up. This one has the volume i need and looks better too. Im probably in my honeymoon time with it right now though.

• Members

I had a 15R for a while, I liked it just fine. Traded it though, needed a bigger amp. I know they get some hate, but for their intended purpose i.e. small practice amp, with a reasonable range of sounds they are just fine.

Im not sure what the hates about dude... it seems solid, and sounds great. Maybe its because it comes with some Squier packages people automaticly think it sucks... i dont think it does.

• Members

Im not sure what the hates about dude... it seems solid, and sounds great. Maybe its because it comes with some Squier packages people automaticly think it sucks... i dont think it does.

I suspect you're right - there is a definate mentality that states that in starter packs you always get a crappy amp. I disagree, the fender frontman pack is fine. (although a yamaha pacifica pack would be better, hehehe)

• Members

I suspect you're right - there is a definate mentality that states that in starter packs you always get a crappy amp. I disagree, the fender frontman pack is fine. (although a yamaha pacifica pack would be better, hehehe)

Agile probably do a better one made from solid gold for a third of the price... probably :rolleyes:

• Members

i have one where i just mess around and put a boss gt-6 straight in with a pre-amp and it does this weird thing. it's like that airy sound of a good marshall with lackluster bass response (8" speaker of course!). really cool though. could be decent with recording

my volume pot has gone nuts too. the volume on 2 is the same as volume on 10 pretty much. and that's actually really loud.

• Members

i has one of these. i dont like it. it sounded nice in the store clean with a gibby special faded, but when i got it home i started finding the quirks.

volume pot as mentioned "wrong". 1.9 is inaudible, 2 is blasting loud. the clean channel is ok i find, but the overdrive i dont like at all, and it sounds terrible with certain guitars i have.

i go into my soundcard now to a free marshal sim in cubase, and even with my crappy speakers its 100 times better (and free-er) for anything overdriven.

Archived