Antique Store Score, NFXD

voneville

• Members

New FX Day! I scored a Ross Distortion Pedal marked at $15, but it was 40% off, so $9.00! :)

fx1.jpg

They also had a made in USA strat copy with a pointy headstock. I didn't reconize the brand, but it was marked at $70, not sure what %40 percent off would have been, but still cheap. Had Grover Deluxe knobs with the fender style butter bean key. I might go back and pick it up. It needed a new nut and the body and neck had a lot of wear. Nice looking body and pickguard, wasn't sure if it was plywood body or not.

• Members

what do those sound like?

I've heard they're similar circuits to the MXR and old Ibanez TS-808, but it's been so long since I've played through either of those pedals I couldn't tell you if that's accurate. When cranked it has a brutal in your face, but in an old school metal sort of way sound. Backed off a little bit it's a bit more cranked Marshall sound, but like a solidstate version, if that makes sense.

With the distortion knob backed down it's pretty organic and touch sensitive, could definatley see it being useful in front of a tube amp.

Archived