Indiana guitars - yay or nay?

blueshawk1

• Members

P.S. Nothing is made in Indiana anymore. Nothing but shopping centers anyway.

Well I know they're not making these there anymore, but the finest marine fossils in my collection have come from the Devonian-Silurian Cincinnati Arch formations in the southeast part of your state. Those ended about 400 million years ago. :D

• Members
Well I know they're not making these there anymore, but the finest marine fossils in my collection have come from the Devonian-Silurian Cincinnati Arch formations in the southeast part of your state. Those ended about 400 million years ago.
:D

True, fossil production has been a little slow lately. I blame it on the unions of the day.

• Members

Looking at the Agile strats, I actually think I like this one better than the ST1000. I don't care for the pearloid pickguard on the 1000, and the reverse headstock intrigues me - it's something different.

AgileSTVMN.jpg

I called about the Tele above and it sold on Oct 10th. They just haven't updated their site yet.

The cool thing about the ST-1000 is that is already has some decent upgrades.

Here's a used arctic white strat that just sold on ebay. Frankly, you can get a new one for that much, but it's ebay so logic cannot be defined.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Standard-Strat-Stratocaster-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170156166641QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47069QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

I called about the Tele above and it sold on Oct 10th. They just haven't updated their site yet.

That's the tough part, if they even still have the guitars they list, and when I click on the contact link for a couple others I looked at, it says available in store only.

Here's a used arctic white strat that just sold on ebay. Frankly, you can get a new one for that much, but it's ebay so logic cannot be defined.

Well, you got a new one for that much, less even, but for the rest of us.....

That one does end up costing too much, a bit over 350. with the shipping. It may be used, but like new, but another 50. and you can have a brand new one shipped that no one has previously owned at all.

Now saving a 100. shipping included, would be worth it, in fact I sort of made an offer on one today for 300. plus 3% for paypal fee.

I looked and looked at the Agiles, it just wasn't "it". Buying one of those would have been just like buying the Indiana, a better guitar, but it still wouldn't have been the one I really wanted.

• 12 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived