NGD!!! Cort M500 who knows about those guitars?

Misha III

• Members

I wanted a cheap guitar to play at the office. I don't want to take the bus/metro with my USA Telecaster because it's always crowded and who knows what could happen?

I found a cheap guitar that I like. It's a Cort Mirage M500Bk.

The specs are:

24 3/3" scale / bolt-on Mahogany Neck

Mahogany Body

12" Radius Finger Board

MIGHTYMITE Covered Vintage alnico Humbuckers

Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Chrome Hardware

Colors: Bordeaux Red, Deep Blue... BK if M500Bk!

It was made in 2001... I think it is the same as the M520... ???

http://www.angelfire.com/vt/guitars/cortMIRAGE.html

I like the sound a lot and it plays like butter. I didn't think I would buy a guitar this weekend... but that one was calling me with its humbuckers and rosewood fingerboard! :):rolleyes:

picture taken with the cheap camera of my cell phone.

Telecaster_Cort.jpg

• Members

those are pretty good specs for a guitar well under 400 bones shipped. cort has always made some pretty good quality mid level guitars any how. my only gripe is they have a pretty thin color selection - otherwise i'd probably have one of the viva golds or whatever by now.

• Members

I've never been too fond of black guitars but I prefer having a guitar that sounds good rather than a guitar that looks good... (True until a certain limit of course!)

I ended up buying that one though because it was just too good to pass my turn on it. it suits my needs perfectly. It sounds good with either my Blues Jr or my Vox AD50VT.

• Members

hngd.gif

Accompanying text that says 'HNGD' and nothing else,

showing that I did not read your thread and would rather

increase my postcount and bury threads started by

people who actually need help or have something to say.

• Members

Four days later and I love it more and more! :)

Nice quality for the price! My first black guitar!

It's a 2001 guitar that nobody wanted to try because of the "cort" name on the headstock! Glad I tried it!

I use it at the office with my Pandora PX4D. I also use it to warm-up my fingers a bit before my lessons! At home, I use my Tonelab with headphones instead of the Pandora. I also use it with my Vox AD50Vt (which I like a lot because it's good to play at bedroom level since it has adjustable output power) or with my Blues Jr for real tube sound!

I've got a couple of nice toys and I play more and more because of all the different sounds I can get!

All is in the sound! That's why we play! With good gears I know that if it doesn't sound good, it's my fault. I am the one to blame and I am the only who can solve the problem by practicing more and more!

Like a friend said: "music is great because we can't cheat!!"

Archived