GAS Challenge. 1 Guitar, 1 amp 7 months

voneville

• Members

Can it be done? I'm going on deployment Monday. Luckily aircraft carriers are large enough to be able to stash a guitar at all. I do have my heart set on a guitar that I want when I return.

505336.jpg

Anyway, until then, be safe and keep rockin.

Thank you for your service! We'll be here when you get back! :wave:

• Members

So, since we're in a couple of wars right now, you're going to be receiving combat pay, right?

I believe that entitles you to a monthly salary of approximately $29 after taxes, right? (up from $2.77/month)

I don't know if you'll make you'll goal.

I say we pass a hat around. I'll donate the hat...

• Members

So, since we're in a couple of wars right now, you're going to be receiving combat pay, right?

I believe that entitles you to a monthly salary of approximately $29 after taxes, right? (up from $2.77/month)

I don't know if you'll make you'll goal.

I say we pass a hat around. I'll donate the hat...

Haha, actually it's tax free while your in theater, so it's more like 59.99 a month :) Pays not too bad acutally. But thanks.

• Members

I am an Active Duty Army Officer and when I deployed to IRAQ I took a Squier Strat pack.
The one with the Mini speaker and such. THey gave us our APO address 1 month or so before deployment and I mailed it to myself before I left.

I am not sure what branch you are in.. but ARMY deployments are now 15 months. You must be Airforce or Navy..

I left the guitar over there with another soldier. I had no plans on taking it back.
If I had to do it over again I would have mailed a MIM tele or strat and used the vox tonelab that I have or an M Audio blackbox.

MF ships to APO so if you need strings or picks or something you can get it while in theater.
I think amp modeling is way better for the deployments.
I played the {censored} out of the guitar I had

Good luck ..stay safe.
Make sure you bring a few DVD lessons with you. I did tabs for like 5 months straight and it helped me get a good setlist of rock classics that I never learned down.. then I moved on to DVD lessons.

Archived