Digitech JamMan

Misha III

• Members

I think the Boss RC20 is a better value, but the JamMan is a pretty good unit. I use the RC2 which is much cheaper. It does everything I need. If you don't need all of the features of the JamMan or the RC20, you should check out the RC2. I'm not aware of a cheaper looper.

• Members

One thing that I do really love about the JamMan is that it uses CompactFlash to store the loops. So you can store a ton if you've got a large CF card. The USB connectivity allows you to transfer loops to your PC, which is also a really cool feature. After really comparing the features between the JamMan and the RC20, the JamMan looks like the better deal by far.

I still think the RC2 is a good deal if you're looking for a cheaper looper that just does the basics, but if I had the money I'd probably buy the JamMan.

• Members

One thing that I do really love about the JamMan is that it uses CompactFlash to store the loops. So you can store a ton if you've got a large CF card. The USB connectivity allows you to transfer loops to your PC, which is also a really cool feature.

This is exactly why it is so appealing to me!

I know nothing about the Boomerang though.

• Members

I have one. I love it. A 2 GB Compact Flash card costs only $35 at your local Walgreens, and gives you over 6 hours of recording time at a 44.1khz mono sampling rate. USB backup of your loops to your computer, and there's software called Looper Tools available that is an excellent editor-librarian, which makes keeping track of loops in your computer easy. Excellent build quality, a truly solid piece of gear. Highly recommended!

Archived