WD guitar kits..anyone tried them?

aldridt1

• Members

I can't speak for the bodies, hardware, or electronics...But I have one of their Deep Six baritone necks on a mutant tele body. It's positively baseball-bat sized, but the quality and finish is definitely worth the price. I had a Warmoth neck on another baritone-telecaster conversion that seemed a little wonky by comparison.

• Members

I wonder if they just stuck a generic headstock on them in the "builder"... I'd hope it would come with a Tele headstock since WD is Fender licensed.

yeah that headstock shown in the builder is horrible, I hope they come with Fender correct shapes. Otherwise seems like a pretty good deal for pre-finished and drilled bodies and necks. Throw in the hardware and pickups and I think it's a sweet deal.

Aren't WD products MIJ?

• Members

yeah that headstock shown in the builder is horrible, I hope they come with Fender correct shapes. Otherwise seems like a pretty good deal for pre-finished and drilled bodies and necks. Throw in the hardware and pickups and I think it's a sweet deal.

Aren't WD products MIJ?

I'm not sure. I know AllParts is MIJ.

• Members

I'm not sure. I know AllParts is MIJ.

Not 100% true. Every natural body I have gotten in the past 6 months or so are stamped Made in America and they have stopped stamping origin on their necks. Many of the higher end bodies I get in (double bound/bursts, etc) are stamped Made in Japan however. I have no idea why they have changed things, but the MIA bodies seem to be just as good as the MIJ ones, so no biggy.

Edit: I have had issues with WD. i don't use their products. Their {censored} just doesn't fit many times

• Members

Not 100% true. Every natural body I have gotten in the past 6 months or so are stamped Made in America and they have stopped stamping origin on their necks. Many of the higher end bodies I get in (double bound/bursts, etc) are stamped Made in Japan however. I have no idea why they have changed things, but the MIA bodies seem to be just as good as the MIJ ones, so no biggy.

Edit: I have had issues with WD. i don't use their products. Their {censored} just doesn't fit many times

Oh, sweet. My two necks weren't stamped MIJ, but they came with hang tags that said they were "Maide in Japan". I got my two necks in the 2002-2004 time frame (I forget exactly).

• Members

Oh, sweet. My two necks weren't stamped MIJ, but they came with hang tags that said they were "Maide in Japan". I got my two necks in the 2002-2004 time frame (I forget exactly).

yeah... I'm sure the necks are still all MIJ, but the bodies are hit & miss it seems. I like the japanese finishes a lot. They pick nice grains for bursts too.

• Members

yeah... I'm sure the necks are still all MIJ, but the bodies are hit & miss it seems. I like the japanese finishes a lot. They pick nice grains for bursts too.

How much are the necks going for these days? I wish AllParts made a 22-fret Tele neck, though... My two Teles are 21-fret and the neck I have for my new body is 21-fret, but I wouldn't mind that 22nd fret. But that neck needs a new nut, anywho...

• Members

How much are the necks going for these days? I wish AllParts made a 22-fret Tele neck, though... My two Teles are 21-fret and the neck I have for my new body is 21-fret, but I wouldn't mind that 22nd fret. But that neck needs a new nut, anywho...

They make a few in 22 frets. Their website sucks and only shows maybe half of what they really have.

I get dealer cost, but I believe an unfinished standard C is like $150 or something like that. I forget

• Members

I got my Strat SMO neck from guitarpartsresource.com for $115. I've seen them even lower but I forgot where.

• Members

They make a few in 22 frets. Their website sucks and only shows maybe half of what they really have.

I get dealer cost, but I believe an unfinished standard C is like $150 or something like that. I forget

Oh, do they? Hmmm... If they had a contour like the TMO-FAT or something with a V contour but with 22 frets... Hmmm...

I miss getting dealer cost on AllParts. Being a buyer for an instrument shop was fun. :)

• Members
Oh, do they? Hmmm... If they had a contour like the TMO-FAT or something with a V contour but with 22 frets... Hmmm...

I miss getting dealer cost on AllParts. Being a buyer for an instrument shop was fun.
:)

We can work something out

I'l check my catalogue this weekend

Archived