What's up with the LP forum?

Berserker22

• Members

I had no trouble when I registered. I simply invited Lily onto my yacht for champagne and caviar, let her play my vintage '59 burts, all seven and was in the next day. Seriously though, I just entered my name and was activated immediately. That might have been around three or four years ago.

• Members

I believe you have to have a registered email account. No free email like hotmail or gmail. Once I gave my registered email it accepted me as a member, but I'm in their queue, which is where the black hole is for a lot of us after reading some of your posts. Now I can't even view the forum.

Gil

• Members

I registred there some years ago with no problems, and also posted for a while. The discussions were boring though. Often about how bad Gibson ES 335s suddenly became after 1963, and how extremely good the original plastic nuts were in the 1950s, and so on, and so on. Sometimes there were guys reminding the collector crowd that 1950s and early 60s Gibson ES 335s were made of "plywood" and originally were made with cheap plastic parts to make them possible to buy for the common man. Those comments was probably seen as true heresy, but met with silence. I don

• Members

Anyone know if they are closed to new members? I've sent emails to Lily there with no response. I know that some of you avoid that forum like the plague, but it does have a lot of info concerning Gibbys. Thanks.

I registered for the LP Forum six months ago, or so. It took me a while, but I got in. I stupidly used my HCEG screen name, (guitarNed) but they STILL let me in!! I was amazed.

I don't post there much only because it's so valuable to me that I don't want to risk slipping into my natural troll mind-set accidently, in a careless moment, and then getting kicked out. There is no place on the Internet as useful or authoritative as the LP Forum. There are a lot of extensive private collections available on the site, with excellent photos and descriptions. 90% of the forums are not available in the public parts of the forum -- they are members only, even for lurking.

I often get snarky or sarcastic, even nasty, especially late at night. Plus I can be crew-el. After all, it's why I have the title I have. ;) The LP Forum is not the place to do that. It is a troll-free zone. So -- I am always on super good behavior when I am there, because I *like* being there. I have gotten a lot of help with my '74 Les Paul Deluxe, albeit not direct personal help. But I can't blame anyone for that other than myself -- lurkers can't be helped!

• Members

The forum is open to anyone. I've belonged their for much longer than anywhere else. And there is an amazing amout of info their. But I don't see why anyone would have a problem getting in there? Certainly doesn't hav anything to do with belonging here.

Lilly doesn't run the Fender Forum either. Chris Greene is the founder and runs the Original Fender Forum. Thats another place thats filled with great collections and a Ton of info. Hell theirs a fellow theri who own's one of the first Proto Type Fender Strats ever build. They have photo's of the guitar in Fender's first 50 years. It is one of 5 proto's originally built and the only one in existance still?

Both forums are run very strickly and no bull is tolerated at all. Especially on the Fender forum. As soon as you enter into hostile territory with another member your gone.

Archived