Slight Damage While Shipping

Joranges

• Members

So I just shipped my very last Les Paul away; the seller got it today despite the crappy weather we're experiencing.

But anyways, he just told me the volume knob got cracked; he's not asking me for anything; but is there anything I can/should do? I feel it's partially my fault for the guitar not getting there exactly the way I described.

• Members

Do nothing and wait to see what the buyer does as followup

if i was the buyer and i got shipped a guitar where the only damage was a cracked volume knob i would forget about it and even leave good feedback if everything else about guitar is OK and legit

however, i have observed 'buyer antics' where 'buyer's remorse' is the actual hidden agenda and this is where you will have to determine where the line in the sand is drawn

if the buyer had got such an item delivered from an ACTUAL shop .. it is highly unlikely the shop will issue a FULL refund on the evidence of 1 cracked vol knob

the shop may offer some credit on knob...send a new knob...or refund the cost of a knob

perhaps that might serve as rough guidelines for the circumstance you are facing

i would certainly not be in the mood to reverse a sale on a guitar just cos of a cracked volume knob

BUYER'S REMORSE is far MORE common now than is popularly believed imo ...due to escalating 'credit crunch' many MIDDLE CLASS folks are currently experiencing

WHICH is one of the reasons for the SEEMING deflationary spiral of prices (apologies to guitar manufacturers and their workers reading this...please dont shoot the messenger :D)

• Members

BUYER'S REMORSE is far MORE common now than is popularly believed imo ...due to escalating 'credit crunch' many MIDDLE CLASS folks are currently experiencing

Actually, the popular belief among SELLERS has ALWAYS been that buyer's remorse is EXTREMELY common.

Anyway, a set of four genuine Gibson knobs is only $12.39 plus free shipping from Sweetwater, so either way, it's a pretty easy problem to fix.

Archived