Guitars I have sold...

minus9

• Members

The "Downsizing" thread got me thinking... I have bought and sold a lot of guitars over the years. Some of them I think about once in while, but it is usually just "I used to have one of those..." and not that I miss them.

Anyone else remember guitars, but not miss them?

I can't remember them all, but here are ones I can remember:

1966 Mosrite 12-string semi-hollow

Larivee OM-03R

1999 Martin D28

Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster (wine color)

Fender American Standard Telecaster (natural ash)

Fender California Stratocaster (black)

Fender Mustang reissue (sonic blue)

Fender Mexican Standard Jazz Bass

Epiphone 12-string acoustic

Gibson SG Special (black)

Gibson Les Paul DC (flamed green)

Yamaha bass

Hondo Les Paul copy

Kingston Precision Bass copy (red)

Danelectro U2 reissue (yellow)

Martin Backpacker

Epiphone Les Paul Junior

Ibanez acoustic bass

• Members

My thoughts on downsizing aren't memories, they're plans. But I don't really want to downsize, because I love the variety I've got. What I want to do instead is change over my existing guitars to higher quality ones. Don't get me wrong, I love what I've got, but the idea of import guitars as of late just does nothing for me. The Carvin I've got on order is the first step, to be followed by either a US Strat or US Les Paul next year. I know, imports are great guitars "for the money", but I've heard that so much around here I'm sick of it.. I'm more interested in just "great guitars" regardless of the cost. I wouldn't classify anything I currently own as a great guitar (maybe my Charvel, but that's for entirely personal reasons, not because of the guitar itself), and that needs to change.

btw, I'm not interesting in discussing US vs. imports. That horse has been beating senseless around here. The thread was about downsizing and selling guitars, so I thought I'd put my thoughts in writing. YMMV, and you are more than welcome to your own opinions of your own guitars.

• Moderators

..nor are they crap, nor do they deserve a boycott... Chinese guitars...... well, that's another story.. =)

Hmmm, now US guitars aren't crap eh? The only DOA I've ever had....Gibson CS, dead bumblebee cap.

Best Epiphones? As licenced by Gibson? Qing Dao...China

You maybe need to think about sweeping statements?:thu:

I'm thinking about boycotting US stuff anyway, for extreme abuses of human rights, Imperialistic treatment of potential nuclear nations, genocide...thats orta stuff

• Members

The one I wish I hadn't painted several times and then sold for $100 was my first electric - A Peavey T-60 which I bought brand new in '82. That was the only guitar I have ever sold. I had a Washburn G-2V that I bought new in '86 and gave away, a Jackson/Charvel that I bought in a pawn shop for $200 in '96 that I ended up giving away, a couple of Arbor 12-strings I had purchased at pawn shops that I had installed Thinline pickups in that I smashed on separate occassions in fits of anger - argument with a girlfriend and the Dodgers losing a World Series game.

I've kept everything else and probably will.

• Moderators

Why so many?

You haven't found THE ONE?
:)
From the shiny eyes looks like the next one may be.

I'll check your NGD tomorrow
:)

I'm a compulsive seller:cry:

Nah, the Edwards was very very close, but I don't like brand new shiny guitars covered in poly, especially poly covered necks....it's how I started getting into necks and neck work. Tomorrows is a 1982 LP Deluxe, old beaten up LP are my kind of thing as I feel no guilt when I start working on the back of the neck.

Strats and Teles I can do with as I wish:)

• Members

These are guitars I've bought and sold since joing Harmony Central:

Fender MIM Strat

Ibanez S470

Epi G400 Custom

Squier Tele w/ Graph Tech piezo

Wolf Les Paul

Dillion DR500T PRS copy

Schecter C1 E/A

2000 PRS CE24

Gibson SG Special

Squier Strat

Epi LP Custom

Fender Showmaster SSS

1994 PRS CE24

PRS SE EG

PRS SE Singlecut

2006 Gibson LP Studio

Red Fender Strat (parts-o-caster)

Epi G400 w/ Maestro

Sunburst Strat (Warmoth neck parts-o-caster)

Edwards Tele Custom

There were some real gems in there but I'm happy with the ones I've kept.

• Members

I don't have any regrets. I would like to have the Ibanez I first owned back in the early 80s as it was my first guitar. Not a bad guitar, but mostly I would like it back for nostalgic reasons. I have sold since joining HCEG:

Squier quilted strat

Squier Custom Tele

Agile AL 2000

Fender Esquire

Epiphone LP Custom

Epiphone LP Plain top

Not a lot, but I don't buy and sell every day either!

Archived