Ibanez SZ520QM

nevermind

• Members

they are the HB103 bridge and HB101 neck, basically they are pickups designed after the Distortion (bridge) and '59 (neck).

the top is really thick, like .25" on the carved part part, .5" on the thickest part

great guitars with a good stock sound, i was looking for something more aggressive so i switched out the bridge, but the neck was great so i left it

mySZ2.jpg

pickups:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/cutting-edge-2/hb103/

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/duncan-designed/vintage-2/hb101/

• Members

I have a SZ520 and a SZ720, and though they are the same guitar with the 720 have inlays and the 520 without (except at the 12th) for some reason I prefer my 520. Here are some pics at different angles of my 520 that my help you see the thickness of the maple top.

sz520-1.JPG

sz520-2.JPG

sz520-3.JPG

sz520-4.JPG

sz520-5.JPG

sz520-6.JPG

sz520-7.JPG

sz520-8.JPG

sz520-9.JPG

sz520-10.JPG

• Members

I've got a 520 and I love it. I swapped the stock pups out for a JB/Jazz set and it screams (and purrs, and creams, and all kinds of other yummy adjectives) now.. The newer one has better inlays. I'd prefer nothing at all over the goofy flame thing at the 12th, but the new one is at least something kind of normal looking.

• Members

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Got it new for $375 shipped in a hard case... I think it was a great deal.

The neck and comfort of the body is what sold me. Love the slightly different 25.1 scale too. The neck pickup sounds as good as any authentic SD 59 I've ever played. The bridge pickup is good, but my tastes are changing and I want something a little more vintage. I may end up swapping it with a Pearly Gates down the road. The neck pickup is definitely staying.

Cool guitars. It more than covers my need/want for a les paul.

1ae0d463.jpg

Archived