this kid is good

Sandman31774

• Members

WOW!!! Both those young men are excellent guitarists! I'd love to have half their talent. It's apparent that the second kid (Matt, the Shredder) is a Steve Vai disciple. His playing, even his posture reminds me of Vai.

I prefer the first kid's playing, though (the acoustic). To me, he seems to put something else in his playing. Gives him his own style.

• Members

Yeah he's good, but this kid is AWESOME :

Make sure you watch all the way till the end...

Yeah, i've seen his Canon Rock videos (his "new canon" is the one that blows me away). He has great chops, but mainly what impresses me is he's the only one standing up and playing his guitar. Most people stare at their frets, or look at their camera like it's some sort of torture device, but he looks like he's having fun being a dork. Also, to be fair, he looks to be at least 17 or so, whereas the kid playing Self Portrait looked to be under 10 or so (I'm sure if I read the youtube comments it would tell me, but meh).

• Members

I wonder how long the second fella (CanonD boy) has been playing? His videos have got me feeling like I need more practice!

According to his mySpace gauge, he's 16 and has been playing since he's 7. Apparently he's also France's No 1 young classical guitarist too and has a very prestigious scholarship to the main French musical academy in Paris (although my French isn't too clever and I may have some facts wrong due to mis translation).

Whenever I'm feeling like I'm stuck in a rut, or not progressing (it happens to us all) I watch a couple of his videos for inspiration. For my money, he's the best on You Tube by a country mile...

And don't forget his name. Matt Rach, as far as I can tell.

• Members

I've been checking out all his vids. He is frigging amazing. I definitely don't like shredding, but he mixes it in with tasteful, melodic stuff and it just blows my mind.

Thinking of going home and burning all my guitars. I will never, ever be that good.

• Members
...Thinking of going home and burning all my guitars. I will never, ever be that good.

It's easy to think that, but just maybe you could be that good too. Just remember, all the notes he's playing are on your guitar as well. Use that fact to inspire you and push you along.

That's what I'm trying to do :thu:

• Members

Yeah he's good, but this kid is AWESOME :

Make sure you watch all the way till the end...

That was hilarious. Well done.

I really enjoyed the first one on acoustic guitar. He's off to a good start. The choice of a thumb pick is a smart one. I sometimes wish I had learned to play with a thumb pick. It's a versatile tool.

• Members

That was hilarious. Well done.

I really enjoyed the first one on acoustic guitar. He's off to a good start. The choice of a thumb pick is a smart one. I sometimes wish I had learned to play with a thumb pick. It's a versatile tool.

Jkater, you would have that technique down in no time if you really wanted to.

And by the way, why do you hate Jake?:confused:

• Members
And by the way, why do you hate Jake?
:confused:

It took me a while to figure out who that "Jake" was that you were talking about. :lol:

My username : When I became a member of this forum I was just beginning to learn Jazz as an accompanier and I was very much into it at that exact time so I picked the german translation of " Jazz cat" which translate to "Jazz Kater" which I shortened to "JKater". I am far from being a real jazzer but I allowed myself to use the name.

• Members

I've been checking out all his vids. He is frigging amazing. I definitely don't like shredding, but he mixes it in with tasteful, melodic stuff and it just blows my mind.

Thinking of going home and burning all my guitars. I will never, ever be that good.

Well, you'll definitely never be with that attitude. This is clearly what he wants to do with his time, so I assume he practices at least 6 hours a day.

Archived