SG "Custom" 3 p/u but with batwing pickguard?

rog951

• Members

AHHH! THAT'S where I saw it before. BBreaker's collection! Whew! Okay, thanks for that info. I was beginning to wonder if I'd dreamed it! ;) Any idea of the value of one of those reissues? BBreaker, if you're listening, would you mind sharing some $$$ info?

BTW, bigconig...was your Classic Custom one of the GOTWs? Really gorgeous! :eek:

• Members

AHHH! THAT'S where I saw it before. BBreaker's collection! Whew! Okay, thanks for that info. I was beginning to wonder if I'd dreamed it!
;)
Any idea of the value of one of those reissues? BBreaker, if you're listening, would you mind sharing some $$$ info?

BTW, bigconig...was your Classic Custom one of the GOTWs? Really gorgeous!
:eek:

Thanks rog, yeah, I think it was week 38. The pictures on Gibson's site really didn't do it justice. If I hadn't seen/played it in person at a local shop I probably never would have had any interest- good thing though, the local shop saved me $500 of standard internet price :)

Looks like they definitely made the 3PU in 92 (not sure why I knew that). Here's, one I found on Gbase. Not sure if that's the going rate or not but all the early 90s Gibsons I've had were great guitars.

• Members

Thanks rog, yeah, I think it was week 38. The pictures on Gibson's site really didn't do it justice. If I hadn't seen/played it in person at a local shop I probably never would have had any interest- good thing though, the local shop saved me $500 of standard internet price
:)

Looks like they definitely made the 3PU in 92 (not sure why I knew that).
Here's
, one I found on Gbase. Not sure if that's the going rate or not but all the early 90s Gibsons I've had were great guitars.

Wow. just peeked at your guitar pix page and you've really got some nice stuff! :thu:

Great find on that '92 Custom on gbase. I googled like hell and came up with nothing. They must've only made 'em for a few years. $2K seems a bit steep but who knows with Gibson prices these days? I'm hoping BBreaker will chime in with what he paid. He always gets great deals.

• Members

Does a 2 pickup SG have routing for 3 pickups under the guard? I've never opened up an SG. Just curious what is under there. Might make it possible to make your own 3 pickup model without a router.

Pretty sure there is no routing for a middle pickup on a regular SG. Sombody posted a pic a while back of theirs with the pickguard removed. IIRC, there were channels routed for the wiring, but not for the middle p/u.

Archived