Laguna guitars, any good?

_pete_

They're Guitar Center's new house brand, designed by the guy who designed Brawley guitars. Fretmonster sings Brawley praises.

I have played them and they feel excellent. The hardware all looks topnotch. I'm not a fan of the pickup voicings but I may be prejudiced. I expect something a little stratty from 3 SC designs. The tone is not bad. Just not my cup.

• Members

I've played a few at GC, and they've not impressed me much. On paper they're great, they've got all the right specs and hardware, but they're just rather blah. The trans white one looks very cool in person, but it was just lifeless when I played it.

I've played a few at GC, and they've not impressed me much. On paper they're great, they've got all the right specs and hardware, but they're just rather blah. The trans white one looks very cool in person, but it was just lifeless when I played it.

That may be what I'm feeling from the pups. No pop. No sizzle. But a pup change n who knows! You're right. On paper, it should be a terrific guitar.

• Members

They're Guitar Center's new house brand, designed by the guy who designed Brawley guitars. Fretmonster sings Brawley praises.

I have played them and they feel excellent. The hardware all looks topnotch. I'm not a fan of the pickup voicings but I may be prejudiced. I expect something a little stratty from 3 SC designs. The tone is not bad. Just not my cup.

Do they have a 3 SC model? That would interest me.

Archived