G&L Tribute ASAT vs. MIM Standard Tele

Sauntman

• Members

whats the story behind the discolored ring around the 5th fret?

awesome guitar though, i'm jealous.

i mean... that is SO uncreative... and SO unreal.

Leo Fender would be pissed at you for buying such a Fender rip-off.

it's just part of the tree that was used to make the neck. A little knothole

• Members

Wow... talk about back from the dead!!!
:eek:
:eek:

This thread is more than a year old!!
:freak:

As I was going through the threads, I see that my post from over a year ago was brought back to life! Shortly after I started this thread, I ended up buying a MIM Standard Tele in electron blue. I got it new for $325. Had it a little over a year now, I am very satisfied with my purchase. I don't have a digital camera, but it looks just like this:

p36544b.jpg

• Members

I bought a G&L ASAT Tele and had no issues with the sound but i found the neck painful for my hands. I never had a guitar that hurt like that before. It wasn't obvious until I had it for a few days. Fortunately the store let me exchange it for a MIA American deluxe tele which I still love. The MIMs were noisier and just didn't as good a tone.

• Members

From the looks of people posting, I guess it's still relevant.
:idea:

I guess it always relevant to argue the merits of one guitar over another around here... I just felt stupid because I was offering advice to the OP for a decision made over a year ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Members

Originally posted by donnie_combat

G&L's are the most un creative stupid pieces of crap on the planet. if you want something decent and real go for fender~

Ha ha ha ha!

I'm an old guy. Started playing for money when I was 15, more than 50 years ago.

I've owned a lot of guitars over the years. LPs, Teles, Strats, etc. starting with a 1960 Gretsch Duo Jet.

For many years my main stage guitar was a 1968 custom Tele, sunburst w binding to which I'd added a Strat pu in the middle

a 5 way switch and 25 gauge frets.

Sold it years ago.

Recently I bought a Korean G&L Tribute blue burst, swamp ash asat.

It's a better guitar (after I did a fret job) in every way than any of the old vintage stuff I owned in the past.

All G&Ls have US built pups. And they're amazing.

Never played a Tele that sounded as good than this guitar.

• Moderators
Originally posted by donnie_combat

G&L's are the most un creative stupid pieces of crap on the planet. if you want something decent and real go for fender~

Ha ha ha ha!

I'm an old guy. Started playing for money when I was 15, more than 50 years ago.

I've owned a lot of guitars over the years. LPs, Teles, Strats, etc. starting with a 1960 Gretsch Duo Jet.

For many years my main stage guitar was a 1968 custom Tele, sunburst w binding to which I'd added a Strat pu in the middle

a 5 way switch and 25 gauge frets.

Sold it years ago.

Recently I bought a Korean G&L Tribute blue burst, swamp ash asat.

It's a better guitar (after I did a fret job) in every way than any of the old vintage stuff I owned in the past.

All G&Ls have US built pups. And they're amazing.

Never played a Tele that sounded as good than this guitar.

To be honest they look similar and there the similarity ends, those MFD pickups are wild animals, compared to stock Tele pickups

• Members

I just recently sold a newer Indonesian G&L Tribute Legacy. Really nice budget guitar. The pickups in it were American made, but were not MFD pickups. They were voiced much closer to classic Strat pickups. I have a G&L SC-3 with MFD's and an AVRI '57 Strat. The Tribute Legacy sounded much more like my AVRI than the SC-3.

Archived