For all you home recorders...

Cooley

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Yamaha Aw16G digital recorder. 16 tracks and all sorts of effects and {censored} as well as CD burner.

I also have cakewalk on my computer but I really only use it to edit and construct drum tracks from the Drums on Demand loop library.

I have Joe Meek and ART preamps. I have two DBX compressors. I have an auto tuner vocal processor, a couple reverb units, two parametric EQ's and a 31 band graphic eq.

I have two SM57's , an Audio Technica AT4050, an Audio Technica ATM31 (?), an SM58, and one of those Shure drum kit packages that has a number of different mics........although I never have actually recorded real drums, and I don't play drums so I'm not really sure why I have those mics??????????

I have yamaha MSP5 studio monitors.....

...........and.....well that is about it. It all fits on a nice little desk I have down in the basement and is not the best stuff in the world but it certainly is fun to play with and allows me to record anything I would ever want to do.

• Members

I use a Digirack with Pro Tools LE. I run direct into the interface with usually a POD. I also have a Roland GR30 that I use here and there.

Roland Dr Rhythm drum machine. I was thinking of trying the new program called Strike from digidesign for drums. Has anyone tried this?

• Members

I just downloaded some slightly outdated program (cool edit pro) and run my guitar through my AD30VT and directly into my soundcard. It's alright, although unfortunately my computer's powersupply isn't grounded very well or something, and there's an annoying buzz. Here's a short clip if you wanna listen: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=594739

• Members

Originally posted by Slash4040

I use the 50 watt version of that amp.

I'll hook you up with my settings later, if you like my tone, I posted a clip before your post.

Your tone needs more mids and treble IMO.

Also, try a pedal.

My Vox's distortion is {censored}.

You talking to me?

• Members

Ok

Yeah I have a Boss OS-2 (distortion/overdrive) that I like to use along side of the amps distortion and gain and gives me a real saturated, heavy, very high gain tone that I like alot. I haven't considered running it while recording because I'm not sure if I have enough of the right cables. Anyways about the EQ the mids are scooped and the bass is about half of the treble.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Steinberg Cubase 4 Studio and a couple cool outboard rack units. Alesis mixer, Event 20/20 monitors. Many mics, the best probably being my Groove Tube/Alesis tube mic.

I just moved to Cubase from Cool Edit/Audition. It is very very different and taking me a while to get used to the new way of doing things.

Archived