OT: Significant UFO sighting at O'Hare in November "covered up"

blue2blue

• Members

Could that, by any chance, be the "Lubbock Lights"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubbock_Lights

This Wikipedia entry is very different from how I remember the phenomenon portrayed during the 50s -- I'd like to see someone with a grip on the facts correct it.

My understanding of the phenomenon -- developed from reading the Don Kehoe book (he was former head of the Air Force's Project Bluebook who went on to be a strong advocate of continued UFO research despite attempts to paint him as a kook) as well as a contemporaneous newspaper article one of my grandparents had apparently clipped and put in the book -- was that thousands of people saw the lights over a period of some nights and that they were even faintly visible during the day.

If it WAS the Lubbock Lights you were thinking of -- don't feel so bad. I can't tell you how many times I've talked about long term hostages succumbing to the Helsinki Syndrome... only have someone say, "Are you thinking of the Stockholm Syndrome? And, maybe, conflating it with the Helsinki Formula?" :D

• Members

Originally posted by the stranger

My first guess is military technology. I would assume the military is probably fifty years ahead of what the public is using and seeing, tech wise.

At the busiest airport in the world located in one of the most densley-populated metro areas in the USA? :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

The only UFO I ever saw was just plain weird. It looked kind of like the old light display they used to have on the side of the
old
Goodyear Blimp at the end of the 70s. It moved slowly toward toward the Hollywood Hills.

Sounds like they were trolling for dates.

• Members

That Aliens exist...and in various forms. There are billions and billions of stars, and consequently billions and billions and billions of planets. The Universe is beyond comprehension.

That we may be getting visited from other dimensions and time.

That we may somehow be related to these visitors.

That we are at the tip of the iceberg in understanding what Einstein and others proposed concerning time, space and reality.

That the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line.

That The Truth Is Out There...and I want to know what it is.

Archived