whats the best instrumental song you have ever heard?

chrisebrooks06

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All Rush instrumentals on "Fly By Night" thru "Snakes and Arrows"

Oh {censored}, that's all of 'em huh?;)

I'll also jump on the Ventures band wagon. Those guys rocked for their day, and still do today.

I get tears of joy just about every time I see SRV play Lenny.

Satch Boogie, Call It Sleep, The Audience Is Listening... To many to pick from with Satch and Vai!

By the way, y'all should listen to some of the country pickers from the 50's too. Joe Maphis, Merle Travis, The Collins Kids....

OK, I'm done

• Members

Dang!! I thought we were just talking guitars and rock/pop/contemporary, and you guys start hauling out the big guns. Can't Mozart get any respect around here!

Love Mozart, But for me personally, Beethoven is in another leaugue.

It all gets really subjective though, and some of the reasons I like Beethoven overall more in general, may be the very reasons some people like Mozart overall in general than Beethoven.

In all actuality, I probably do enjoy listening to Beethovens 5th, more than Beethovens 9th, it hits me harder, and the heaviness of it works better for me, I Still think Beethovens 9th was one of the greatest musical masterpieces of all time.

On any given day though, depending on my mood,

I easily could have chosen to list a piece By

Bach, or maybe Tschaikowsky as the greatest Ive ever heard,

But on most days, it will be Beethoven, and usually either his 5th or 9th symphonies.

About 1000 other pieces by dozens of composers might come in third on any given day in any list that I would make.

Archived