What style of music are Orange amps best suited for?

elsupermanny14

• Members

As stated it's a great british tube amp. My favorite tone so far, I just sold my Marshall. My rocker 30 is soooo good straight into the head. The clean tone is {censored} though. I'm upgrading to a rockverb 100 in the next week or so for more headroom and an effects loop, can't wait ! I play southern stoner rock/Sabbathy goodness.

Strange, in my experience the Rocker 30 has pretty good cleans. I actually liked the cleans on that more than on the Rockerverbs, those had a bit bloated clean tones.

• Members
Strange, in my experience the Rocker 30 has pretty good cleans. I actually liked the cleans on that more than on the Rockerverbs, those had a bit bloated clean tones.

Really, maybe it's just this one, it's brand new tho. I'm not really concerned with the cleans anyway. Well, I'm off to go to my favorite sushi joint and crank up the Orange at the jamroom :thu: Happy sunday guys :)

• Members

zep3.jpg

To the right of JP you see two Orange and on the far right side there are two more. The logo was mangled so it reads OR GE ...

This is from a recent concert in London I believe
;)

He also used Oranges back in the day.. You can see them in the Song Remains the Same footage. I think he used them primarily for the theremin.

• Members

I'm curious what amp to buy next, because odds are whatever amp I buy next will be the amp that will last for a few more years. I already have a 4x12 loaded with Vintage 30's so I'm not worried about getting a cab, just the amp. Once I sell my Flextone and pedal board and get paid for job at school I'll have enough money to start looking for an amp (probably used). I've been listening to a lot of Orange clips on you tube, A LOT! I've also played a lot of Mesa Boogie amps and loved those.

From what I've noticed is that some of the Orange amps out there rock out seriously, I've seen some clips of them being driven to metal tones. Anyways I've narrowed down my choice of amps to either an Orange or a Mesa. They're different but thats' why I have narrowed down to those two, just not sure which one would suit me best. Thanks for the input guys!

Archived