Zakk Wylde Lawsuit - May 10th, 2007 - Watch & See the True Zakk

• Members

As I vaguely recall the situation, 357 had licensed Wylde's likeness for use as a promotional campaign, then they extended that and created this buy a chopper model, get a coupon and a guitar as a promotional deal. So this lawsuit, I think is just Zack suing them for falsely representing him and has little to do with the guitars. If you fellows haven't gotten a class action suite going yet, you're probably out of luck.

Last I remember Wylde was going to "pull strings" and get the guitars, but as it turns out money talks and bull{censored} Rawks!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You have no clue what you're talking about. There was no disclaimer. Nobody believed the deals at first. It took Zakk's website, Zakk's webmater and Zakk's wife to make people believe it.

relax hommie, I wasn't stating anything as fact hence the "correct me if I'm wrong" I just trying to understand peoples legal beef with the company thats all.:wave:

• Members

so did anyone actually get {censored}ed out of some money or are people just pissed because they got convinced to by a toy motorcycle?

Yea, {censored}loads of $$$ were robbed from the fans who actually bought the deal. Just so everyone knows, there were a few cases in which people DID receive their guitars.

• Members

There were lot's of legitimate looking assurances that this was a real deal. I actually did the deal for two guitars online, but got cold feet and never sent a check in. I'm obviously glad I didn't. Some of the most skeptical HC'ers were convinced as well.

• Members
Didn't they extend the original offer, and then make additional offers?

That explanation is really hard to believe.

Pine Weasel!
Wow. I've got That Tijuana Brass album in my attic.
The cover's a bit darker but it's it mint condition!
Pure circa 60's classic stuff.
Just had to mention it!:wave:

• Members

Tomorrow is the day that Zakk Wylde proves once and for all to the world that he was completely full of {censored}. He is letting his lawsuit die, not following thru with it. Zakk's suit was complete BS as he did NOTHING and did not follow thru with it. Here are the court records below. Tomorrow this case will be dropped.

Case Number: BC353738

ZAKK WYLDE VS 357 CUSTOMS INC

Filing Date: 06/14/2006

Case Type: Intellectual Property (General Jurisdiction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Future Hearings

05/10/2007 at 08:45 am in department 14 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

OSC-Failure to File Default Judg (*RECEIVED 3-19-07)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information

Parties

357 CUSTOMS INC. - Defendant/Respondent

DEIXLER BERT H. ESQ. - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

WYLDE ZAKK - Plaintiff/Petitioner

Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)

04/27/2007 Notice of Continuance (OF OSC )

Filed by Attorney for Pltf/Petnr

04/25/2007 Notice of Continuance

Filed by Clerk

03/19/2007 Declaration (OF TRAVIS P. BRENNAN IN SUPPORT OF PLTFS REQUEST FOR DEFAULT JUDGMENT BY COURT; )

03/05/2007 Notice of Continuance (OF OSC )

02/27/2007 Notice of Continuance

Filed by Clerk

02/26/2007 Notice (OF OSC )

02/06/2007 OSC-Failure to File Default Judg

Filed by Clerk

09/19/2006 Request (FOR ENXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE APPLICATION FOR DEFAULT JUDGMENT )

Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

09/12/2006 Request ( FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE APPLICATION FOR DEFAULT JUDGMENT; )

08/08/2006 Default Entered (357 CUSTOMS, INC., A FLORIDA CORPORATION )

08/07/2006 Miscellaneous-Other (AMENDED PROOF OF SERVICE OF SUMMONS )

Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

07/25/2006 Request to Enter Default (IS REJECTED AS 357 #6.7.11.16. NEED NEW FORM 10 20.21.32. )

06/26/2006 Proof of Service (RE SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT; )

06/14/2006 Complaint

Um, who the {censored} cares??

• Members

From what I understood from the miles and miles of posts months ago. the agreement went something like "You buy this die-cast bike and get a guitar for free."

Under all the disclaimers and legal mumbo jumbo there is probably fine print reading something to the effect of limited number available yada yada yada. since the guitar is free and you didn't pay for it, they don't owe a guitar to you if they become "unavaiable" You just get the bike that you paid for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the terms of the deal. A lot of this sounds like sour grapes over falling for a shady promotion, but legally i don't see a leg to stand on for wanting the free guitar.

The deal I bought into was for a mp4 player and toy bike with free guitar.

Guess what ?

I never got my mp4 player and neither did anyone else that got in on the mp4 deal.

• Members

I called my credit card co. the DAY I didn't get a guitar. I got all of my money back and got free shirts, gay toy motorcycles, and more coffee mugs than I actually ordered. Also got banned at the BLS (gay, I know) website for calling Chad's {censored} ass out.
Zakk/Jeff is a {censored}ing douche--CHAD (webmaster-scam artist-SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL, buddy) DYER needs a stint in PMITA Federal Prison. This Daniel douche is a BS cover for douche Chad and Zakk-Jeff ripping off a ton of people. That is all.

• Members

From what I understood from the miles and miles of posts months ago. the agreement went something like "You buy this die-cast bike and get a guitar for free."

Under all the disclaimers and legal mumbo jumbo there is probably fine print reading something to the effect of limited number available yada yada yada. since the guitar is free and you didn't pay for it, they don't owe a guitar to you if they become "unavaiable" You just get the bike that you paid for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the terms of the deal. A lot of this sounds like sour grapes over falling for a shady promotion, but legally i don't see a leg to stand on for wanting the free guitar.

Get your facts straight. We were promised a guitar WITH the Complete Zakk Wylde package. I still have the coupon for on epiphone Zakk Wylde model guitar. There were no disclaimers, there was no legal mumbo jumbo. I spoke to the secretary of 357 twice on the phone and recieved information directly from Danieal Bougess(mispelled) promising this thing was 100% legit and everyone would get their guitars. Chad Dyer site adimin for BLS, Zakk Wylde, and 357 also emailed me answering personal questions and stating he had personal stake in this deal and guaranteeing this deal was completely on the up and up. I bought in. As the deadline approached, lie after lie started issuing from 357 and BLS. Chad became openly hostile before being replaced as site admin. Zakk filed a phony lawsuit and 357 closed shop and dissapeared entirely while still guaranteeing guitars for all those that bought the complete package. It was a scam.

class action lawsuits do not cost a thing to you. Lawyers make their money from the final settlement. It hasn't been organized for some reason. I don't know why other than a number of people got their money back by doing charge backs. We were lied to and cheated.

• Members

As I vaguely recall the situation, 357 had licensed Wylde's likeness for use as a promotional campaign, then they extended that and created this buy a chopper model, get a coupon and a guitar as a promotional deal. So this lawsuit, I think is just Zack suing them for falsely representing him and has little to do with the guitars. If you fellows haven't gotten a class action suite going yet, you're probably out of luck.

Last I remember Wylde was going to "pull strings" and get the guitars, but as it turns out money talks and bull{censored} Rawks!

You're mistaken. There were no disclaimers and when asked, the 357 representative, Zakk's webmaster, clarified that the gutiars were indeed free to everyone who purchased a package.

He went on to explain that the something for nothing issue wasn't that unreasonable because companies often dump money into similar offers in order to drum up business and get the company name out, similar to purchasing a TV commercial, or a bike giveaway or something along those lines; and that's made even more reasonable when associated with an already known name such as ZAKK and BLS.

Even at a couple hundred $$ worth of guitars, it can cheaper than a commercial spot on TV. This reasoning, and the fact that it was heavily pushed on Zakk's official website, by his people, in association with an existing Zakk related business (remember the bikes and 357 clothing line E-store had already been hosted on Zakk's official site), made people feel secure enough to buy into it.

• Members

You're mistaken. There were no disclaimers and when asked, the 357 representative, Zakk's webmaster, clarified that the gutiars were indeed free to everyone who purchased a package.

He went on to explain that the something for nothing issue wasn't that unreasonable because companies often dump money into similar offers in order to drum up business and get the company name out, similar to purchasing a TV commercial, or a bike giveaway or something along those lines; and that's made even more reasonable when associated with an already known name such as ZAKK and BLS.

Even at a couple hundred $$ worth of guitars, it can cheaper than a commercial spot on TV. This reasoning, and the fact that it was heavily pushed on Zakk's official website, by his people, in association with an existing Zakk related business (remember the bikes and 357 clothing line E-store had already been hosted on Zakk's official site), made people feel secure enough to buy into it.

The Assurances received where simply fluff while the "funds" where where? As I said, Wylde did participate in licensing his image for their use - they went beyond what was agreed upon with the guitar scam. They tried to do damage control, and then gave up and filled the suit to save face. That was my take on it anyway. The nonsense about building a name for themselves - was obviously just bull{censored}.

It really doesn't matter what anyone said after the fact if the initial offering was a scam. Nothing Wylde, Chad, their personal groomers, neighbors, kid across the street, guy who drove by, etc said means a dang thing. None of that validates the initial offer that turned out to be a scam.

• Members
haha @ class action lawsuit.

If you guys think any lawyer is going to go to court over $100 that you lost, or even $900, you've got another thing coming.
QUOTE]
the lawer won't go to court for 1 guy losing 900, but perhaps for hundreds of people at got screwed a similar amount.

hell, I was part of a classaction suit where my phone company over charged people for their wireless.

• Members

It was a scam.

class action lawsuits do not cost a thing to you. Lawyers make their money from the final settlement. It hasn't been organized for some reason. I don't know why other than a number of people got their money back by doing charge backs. We were lied to and cheated.

There was a Lawyer someone got (forget who) that was willing to take the case on a Class Action, but he wanted more than most people lost up front plus you would be liable for any expenses incurred,etc. That was the best "Lawyer" Deal anyone found. Most who DID contact Lawyers were told it wasn't worth it.

One person stated he filed in Small Claims Court stated to have gotten a Judgement against Zakk because they were No Show. There were others claiming they were going to file in Small Claims Court but I haven't heard if they did or not.

Archived