Thank you Bruce

Kevin Reiter

• Members

Frankly, there are few people we can't learn something from! I'd be the first to say that what Bruce offered had the voice of experience folded in...but I've learned a lot from teenagers, too, who were able to have a totally fresh perspective on things.

We're all in this together.

I was thinking more along the lines of people like Paris Hilton. But I guess in retrospect there are even things we could learn from her...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm nobody. Just a part-time local guitar player in a local band who enjoys recording and learning what I can when I can. I don't post very often because I don't believe that I have a lot to offer relative to the very experienced members of this forum. Even though I don't believe that I know enough to even ask intelligent questions, I have read everything that Bruce has posted - as well as others on the board. I have to say 'thank you' to him and everyone. Bruce really opened my eyes/ears/mind to new ideas and theories of recording. I've always had the sounds that I want to achieve readily available in my mind but have not had the knowledge of how to create them. Bruce really helped me learn how to listen and use what I have available to get the sounds I want. I am extremely grateful to him for sharing his ideas and especially the Basie/Joe Williams recording. That recording alone made a huge impact on me. I am sad that he has left us because of a few boneheads but again, am very grateful for what he generously shared with us. His passion for the art is readily apparent and IMHO getting increasingly rare. I look forward to his eventual return and wish him only the best should he decide not to.

• Members
Maybe if you'd take those old gym clothes out of your locker, you wouldn't be feeling that way. Seriously, bring those shorts home and wash them, for gosh sakes.

I took yer advice, and I feel like a whole new guy! Why, I feel like I'm in 10th or 11th grade at least now!!!! And my friends have started talking to me again. Thanks!!!! :D

Archived