Carvin Bolt Kits

SorrowAblaze

• Members

I've been beating around the bush about getting one of these for years now. They seem like an awesome deal, and I'd really enjoy re-finishing and putting it all together.

Do they offer other options besides the few on the site? I'd really like a birdseye maple fretboard over their ebony ... Are their pickups as bad as everyone says?

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=39

• Members

I have a friend that got one and likes it. He particularly likes the neck pickup. I've never had their single coils, but I do have a set of their C22 humbuckers in one of my guitars and like them. Very smooth and versitile.

Cool. I'd definatly have a humbucker at the bridge ... and I've heard some bad {censored} about Carvin's pickups, but have never heard them in person.

I'm pretty sure this is what my tax $$$ is going toward.

• Members

Make your own judgements on Carvin pickups.
I really like the c22b and ap11 pickups.
Do a search on youtube videos for Carvin Bolt.
There is a 3 part video series from a guy finishing,assembling and playing a Carvin Bolt kit.
Very cool.
I want one myself and I already have two Carvins(ct6m,dc135m) and a strat.

• Members

Yeah - I think I'll order in about a month.

locking tuners

Wilk. bridge

Birdseye maple board

Alder body

H/s/s with c22b

black pickguard

I'll try and use my first name on the headstock, but I don't have a printer, and I'll have to try to use a friends.

... And another yellow/black swirl ;):D:D

Lots 'o pics will be taken :D

• Members

Pearloid will look bad with what I'm planning, IMO. I'm stickin' with plain 'ol black. And both my current guitars have bridge and neck 'buckers ... not willing to go all s/s/s ... but mabe getting there;)

I think I'll let them do the tung oil on the neck ... I've never worked with the stuff, and my lazy ass would just give the neck a few light passes with the same clear I'm gonna use on the body. ( doesn't maple *have* to have clear? )

This is still gonna end up pretty different from my 2 other guitars.

Archived