Are all Reverend guitars made in America?

Hoddy

• Members

I think all the korina bodied ones are Korean made (I believe the American ones were mohogany). Additionally, I think at least some of the American ones had a colored back/sides, whereas the korean ones have black backs and sides.

I'm certain there are better indications, and I might be wrong about these ones, but they should give you a starting point.

FWIW, I really think people need to stop posting threads about Reverends. Every goddamned time one of these comes up I'm engulfed with an overwhelming urge to drive to Edmonton and order a Gil Parris Signature...

• Members
I think all the korina bodied ones are Korean made (I believe the American ones were mohogany). Additionally, I think at least some of the American ones had a colored back/sides, whereas the korean ones have black backs and sides.

I'm certain there are better indications, and I might be wrong about these ones, but they should give you a starting point.

FWIW, I really think people need to stop posting threads about Reverends. Every goddamned time one of these comes up I'm engulfed with an overwhelming urge to drive to Edmonton and order a Gil Parris Signature...

US Revs aren't wood. The bodies are composite (Masoniteish) and the necks are maple or maple/ rosewood. They usually have a small piece of metal along the top edge as well.

• Members

They are MIK but are still inspected by the same individual so that consistency is maintained. I love my Manta Ray

Zack Green - Zack inspects, strings, and sets up every Reverend guitar, and handles supply purchasing. Look for his intitials "ZSG" on the back of the headstock. A guitarist since 1984, he began repairing guitars professionally in 1991 and then joined Reverend in 1999. In his spare time Zack restores vintage arcade games and muscle cars, and maintains his collection of about 50 guitars.

• Members

I am a huge Rev fan as most here know. I especially like the old US ones because the design just rocks my boat. This said, I gotta tell you: I tried several of the MIK ones, and son of a gun, they're one of the best values in town! Fantastic tones, great workmanship, killer design, I'd gig one any day.

Joe Naylor knows how to build a kick arse guitar for sure.

• Members

From what I've heard, the quality difference between the Korean and the old USA Reverends is negligible. The difference in design is significant, with a lot more variety in the models available now. I say this as a proud owner of two USA Reverends that are the absolute backbone of my collection.

BTW, the USA bodies were not 100% composite. They were solid mahogany in the center with laminate front/back and hollow pockets. Resonated like nobody's business and had some really crazy finishes. Back then you only had one body-shape to choose from, with the pickups differentiating the various models.

If I needed another electric, I'd get a MIK Reverend without a moment's hesitation. Nobody gives you quality for the price like Joe Naylor.

• Members
From what I've heard, the quality difference between the Korean and the old USA Reverends is negligible. The difference in design is significant, with a lot more variety in the models available now. I say this as a proud owner of two USA Reverends that are the absolute backbone of my collection.

BTW, the USA bodies were not 100% composite. They were solid mahogany in the center with laminate front/back and hollow pockets. Resonated like nobody's business and had some really crazy finishes. Back then you only had one body-shape to choose from, with the pickups differentiating the various models.

If I needed another electric, I'd get a MIK Reverend without a moment's hesitation. Nobody gives you quality for the price like Joe Naylor.

Thanks for the info :thu:

Archived